Ebay global shipping program a complete ripoff and failure

Ebay global shipping program test resuts

Two of the same items ordered from the same seller.

One sent usps direct and one sent ebay global shipping program.

usps price for shipping $112.40 item arrived in 4 days USA to Australia.

ebay global shipping program $176.40 and 2 weeks still waiting.

I was always under the impression the more you pay for shipping the faster the service. 

Could someone explain why ebay feels it has to run a shipping program the uses so many carriers.

Basically if you buy an item from a seller that uses the ebay global shipping program get ready for a long wait, and be prepared to add 50-60% to your shipping cost.

This shipping program will stop me from buying items from sellers that use the ebay shipping program.

It makes good best practice commercial sense not to pay extra and have to wait 3-4 times as long for the item to arrive.

Any sellers out there that use the ebay global shipping program and have noticed your sales have declined you now know why.

I feel that ebay needs to have a good hard look at its shipping program and work out that it is harming it's core business the sellers.

It will only be so long until buyers start leaving negative feedback for postage ripoffs. The seller can only thank ebay for the negative feedback.

I wonder how many other people have noticed this.

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Ebay global shipping program a complete ripoff and failure

Logistics - from the Latin Logic i ticks - To apply the logic of ticks

Definition - A well conceived plan to suck the life out of people using a service you present with the thinly veiled guise of a respectable buisiness.

Message 21 of 43
Latest reply

How do you do that? Look into it very carefully before you do anything sent to a US address for them to onship. It's usually more expensive than the GSP. Aust Post runs the service, as do some private people, who still work out pretty dear.

Message 22 of 43
Latest reply

The Australia Post service is more expensive than many other services.

There was a thread about it here when AP first advertised their service and several members who use other onforwarding services were able to do a rough comparison of prices.

Message 23 of 43
Latest reply

The eBay Global Shiping service is sold to those who are nervous about shipping overseas fro the USA and UK and there are a lot of them.

It is advertised as no extra fees, duties or clearence charges.  In reality this is a lie as small imports into Australia have no extra fees, duties or clearing charges and import delays are generally minimal.  In fact fully documented parcels might take longer if the documents require inspection.

What hapens is that no matter where an item is bought in the USA (and it is a big place) it is shipped domestic post to Kentucky - often a few days in the wrong direction.  Then repacked and relabelled - days.  Then shipped and re-handled probably more often than is absolutely necessary.

From the purchasers viewpoint the shipping cost is much higher - for small items sometimes approaching the cost of the goods themselves.  And the shipping can take twice as long.  

Where the system falls down is that the buyer is supposed to willngly pay the extra freight and wear the slower delivery.  As buyers in Australia can buy form anywhere in the world they only truly should buy from the USA if the combined cost including freight is less than the total cost from anywhere else or if the only source of supply is from the USA.

Therefore indirectly the vendors in the USA must eventually get the net cost after a combined price is evaluated or simply not have access to the rest of the world buying market.

Seems a good idea maybe but it is the US vendors that will pay in the long run - I now rarely buy ex-USA becasue the total cost to me is usually not a competitive one. 

Message 24 of 43
Latest reply

THIS is SO ACCURATE....JUST finished talking to Ebay to ascertain WHO the carrier is here in Sydney Australia as the item has been sitting with the courier for over 4 days now....Ebay had NO IDEA WHO the courier company was and told me to just wait for at least another 6 days....I received a delivery today from the UK and it took 10 days at HALF the postage costs. GLOBAL SHIPPING IS A COMPLETE FAILURE and RIPOFF.  I will NOT PURCHASE any item from any seller using Global Shipping..SALES WILL go DOWN for Ebay...Funny thing thought, the 3 Ebay agents I spoke with today ALL agreed with my concerns and agreed they would also be frustrated. US POST....ROYAL POST and AUSTRALIA POST ALL OFFER a  MUCH CHEAPER POSTAGE METHOD and FAR FAR BETTER SERVICE AND SECURE  DELIVERY.

Message 25 of 43
Latest reply

If your item was coming from the USA it was brought to Australia by Fedx.

Once it clears Customs and arrives at the FedEx depot it will either be delivered by FedEx themselves or offloaded to another courier if FedEx does not deliver to your area.

If it is a small parcel it may be shipped from FedEx as an e-Parcel by Australia Post.

Message 26 of 43
Latest reply

How do you find out how a seller is shipping an item through Global Shipping. What does it say under shipping when your looking at an item so I know what to avoid
Message 27 of 43
Latest reply

This is what shows if sellers are using GSP.......................

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 28 of 43
Latest reply

Global tracking #:

UPAAB000000226511826

Carrier:

Multiple Carriers

ACCEPTEDIN TRANSITDELIVERED

Shipped from the Global Shipping Center to International Destination

Aug-03-17, 21:01 PM, Erlanger, Kentucky 41025-2501

Customs Documentation and Labeling

Aug-03-17, 02:34 AM, Erlanger, Kentucky 41025-2501

Processing at Global Shipping Center

Aug-03-17, 02:04 AM, Erlanger, Kentucky 41025-2501

In Transit-DESTINATION SCAN

Aug-01-17, 03:40 AM, CINCINNATI, OH

In Transit-ARRIVAL SCAN

Aug-01-17, 00:43 AM, CINCINNATI, OH

In Transit-DEPARTURE SCAN

Aug-01-17, 00:21 AM, SHARONVILLE, OH

In Transit-ORIGIN SCAN

Jul-31-17, 15:52 PM, SHARONVILLE, OH

Message 29 of 43
Latest reply

yea this iterm bought have not got any trackin since the 3rd what a f up systerm not happy
Message 30 of 43
Latest reply