Ebay removes feedback left

Hi all, I left three negs for a seller after we had to drive 180k's to collect three items that were passed on to a courier who doesn't come anywhere near our location. Yes, I do have postage issues of late.....  The seller left it to me to chase the lost items down, so I left three very factual neg feedbacks regarding the failed deliveries, and the fact that I had to do the homework on the locating. I sent the seller a message requesting a part refund of $40 to cover my travel expences to collect the parcels, they ignored me, so I left the negs. Now I see that the good 'ol ebay police have removed all three, without advising me, or requesting that I change anything. Wasn't rude, or any bad words used, just the cold hard facts of what took place. I note on the sellers feedback that any negs were always defended, and the blame put back on the buyer. I guess mine was undefendable, so they asked ''big brother'' to come to the rescue. Is there a way to find the reason for the removals, and reinstate them, as the feedback system is useless unless buyers can warn others of dodgy sellers.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Ebay removes feedback left

My address is not problematic, I have had two recent issues including this one, and both from big power sellers. I don;t have any problems with offshore parcels, or the smaller local sellers. The two issues are both with larger sellers who I think dont care as much about the buyer these days, as they depend on the big numbers, some buyer out in the bush with a complaint can simply be disregarded.

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

@audistarelectronics wrote:

To Digi, if I am selling something, I make it my concern to make certain that the carrier I intend using will get the item that was paid for and postage paid for, to get to the buyer without the buyer having to worry about it. Or, are the big power sellers able to get away with it and just blame the customer?

I do quite a number of things as a seller that I would never expect my own sellers to do for me, so that still does not adress any of the questions I posed to you in my previous post.

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

Anyway, let's put this one to bed as it's getting nowhere. The fact remains that a seller should be able to see, if they can read a map, or look up whereis, to tell that the carrier they are about to use, will be dropping the item nearly 100 k;s from the buyers address. Surely anyone with an ounce of brain can tell that this will result in grief and complaints between buyer and the seller. As stated, I have only had two recent issues as this, hundreds of other items get to me no problem. That doesn't show a problem with my address. It just comes down to how much a seller cares about getting the items to the buyer. Even when we purchase large solar panels, the seller gets them to a depot that is within a 20 min drive for us, this I accept as naturally they cant come via the Post.

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

Like you, I have lived most of my life in a reasonably remote rural location. We had reliable Australia Post services, but couriers where a major problem. The answer was simple. We only purchased items from ebay sellers who used Australia Post. On the couple of occasions a courier was needed for larger items, we checked with the seller what company they used, contacted the courier company for clarification as to wether they had some form of delivery to our area and then made our purchase decisions armed with the appropriate information.

I never expected a seller in another state to know our towns population size, lack of services or remote location, before hitting the " buy it now"  button and then demanded delivery to my door. When you live in remote areas, you simply accept that some services are limited and others require a bit of driving to access. If you are not realistic about this and adjust your expectations to match your location, you can make life very difficult and unpleasant both for yourself and others.

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

I don't google map a buyers location to see if something will be delivered there without any trouble. Not sure anyone does. Sellers who sell to me don't and I can't get courier deliveries here.
Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

Ok, ok, 99% of the stuff I buy gets to me fine, it's obvious 99% of sellers are doing what I pay them to do. Let's just leave it at that.

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

@letscleanupmycupboards wrote:
I don't google map a buyers location to see if something will be delivered there without any trouble. Not sure anyone does. Sellers who sell to me don't and I can't get courier deliveries here.

I often google map a buyers location, but not to see if something will be delivered there without trouble (I only post with Aust Post so delivery isn't usually an issue). I look because it might be somewhere I've never heard of, or the place name sounds interesting. I don't often google map their actual address, just the town they're from, to see where it is, and how big it is. and what might be there. I've streetviewed along the main road of plenty of my buyers locations. Why? Because I can. Call it armchair travelling. I've seen quite a few interesting things that I never would have seen otherwise.

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply