How should I respond to seller mistake in listing

I purchased a collection of pins from a seller. There was a auction price and a Buy It Now price. I purchased the lot with Buy It now and paid straight away. Now, I thought I was paying for the whole collection but I have just received an email from the seller asking me what pin from the lot I would like? No where in the listing does it say the price was for individual pins. How do I respond to his mistake because there is no way I would've paid that price for one pin.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As above, but as you have already paid for the goods I would request an immeadiate refund or confirmation they will post the lot.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

If it's the Disney pins then I would expect the whole lot too for 15.00. Are they trying to say you paid 15 bucks for one pin.?
Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Yes, they are saying I have only purchased one of the pins for $15 with the $7.30 postage

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

They say in the listing "all same price" but it's definitely not clear and one would think by looking at the title n pic, it's for all.

I would message the seller and explain you thought you were buying the lot and state that the listing is misleading without it being clear in the title of what is for sale.

Ask for a mutual cancellation. 

Should they open an unpaid item case instead, contact ebay and ask them to look at the listing, I am confident they will see in your favour.

image host
Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

As above, but as you have already paid for the goods I would request an immeadiate refund or confirmation they will post the lot.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

If it was for one pin only - why did the listing end with the purchase?

Very curious

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

Exactly and it wasalso  listed with a auction price

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Well I've contacted the seller and they responded saying they can see how I was mislead in the listing and that due to their mistake they are going to send the whole lot. Gotta be happy with that.
Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Wow monty,  thats so good to hear.

Great outcome - You should get what you expected to get when you purchased. 

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

yaysmiley.gif

Great outcome

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply