I am totally confused with a purchase I made, I feel as though I have been duped but I can't prove i

I needed a storage box and saw what I wanted at around $70 however I thought, on the same page, another vendor was offering 2 of the same box for $107 and so I clicked Buy It Now and paid with PayPal. My purchase was acknowledged 3 hrs later but I noticed it was only for one so I queried it. A reply came at 10.08pm last night confirming I was only getting one so 21mins later I requested cancellation of the purchase and I repeated the cancellation at 9.36 this morning which was acknowledged at 10.47 but Customer Service said they had to check with Despatch to see if it had already been sent. At 3.17pm I was told it was already sent and when I requested an address to send the item back they said they don't accept change of mind, their listing specified no returns and my cancellation request was made after hours and Customer Service didn't receive it until "almost noon".

I'm puzzled because I feel as though the listing has changed, the $107 & 2xoutdoor storage box are still there but a different vendor, which also says 30 day money back. I am usually very careful and find it hard to believe that I agreed to pay $107 for something that I could have bought, on the same page for $70. Bye the way, the $107 2x listing says the price is 64% off and list price is $299 but if you change the quantity box to 2, the price is $203.30, discounted by 5% from $214. I am just an old retired guy, I am not a business, I have been a member for 20odd years and my feedback is 407 and 100%.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: I am totally confused with a purchase I made, I feel as though I have been duped but I can't pro

@setright45 wrote:

Thank you everybody for your advice and, indeed, I appear to have "stuffed up". Perhaos I was confused with item #161078691630 which has x2 and 2x in the description, you will note the quantity is only one and the price, by coincidence is what I have paid, $107. Furthermore item #400545761725 has a higher price and x3 and 3x in the description but the quantity is only one.

Thats wierd !........ It does appear that listing no. 161078691630 is for two of the boxes at almost exactly the same price ( $107 as opposed to $107.99 ). They are being sold under a different id, so dont appear to be related or a deliberate attempt to trap the late night buyer, but who knows. It is possible it is planned. The listings all use standard file photos so I can see how you could have easily made the mistake, but unfortunately it does appear you have purchased a different listing to the one you intended.

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

Re: I am totally confused with a purchase I made, I feel as though I have been duped but I can't pro

@setright45 wrote:

Item #390843113102 $67.90 with free postage, same size, same material, seems the same to me.

That would be irritating then. But never mind, what's done is done.

I haven't been looking up the item numbers this morning as the computer is moving slower than a snail  at times & freezing a lot. This is NBN too but the service doesn't seem any faster.Smiley Frustrated

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

and though it appears to be two boxes, the quantity box is one - weird at least!

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

If you scroll down the listing it says "2 in the box", so the quantity in the 1 relates to 2 boxes.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

I have ordered "two in the box" so we shall see whether they are all the same and if indeed, one vendor is charging twice as much as his competitor. #youknowitmakessense

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

Those cross hash thingies don't work in here, so pointless doing it. 

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply