I have absolutely no clue where my item is sent from

So on 17/03/18, i have ordered a gold watch for 15$. The item location in the postage indicated that it's location is Sydney and is delivered by AU post. When the watch is shipped, i notice that the shipping information is received and approved in Underwood, Queensland, not Sydney, which my instinct says that it from the best place in the world AKA CHINA. So i pm the seller if my item is coming from Australia or from China. This afternoon, the seller replied that they sent from NSW but their customers service is based in HK. I really want to drop f bombs right now since i have purchases an iphone 6 shipped from China b4 and it literally the " smoothest and sastified purchase" i've ever made, only 3 MONTHS TO GET HERE BRO!!! What do guys think i should do? Thanks. MY CHAIN NEW GOLD WATCH MADE IN CHINA, WE PLAY PING PONG BALL MADE IN CHINA ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ณ 

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

What does it matter?

It is in Australia, so unless it was air-freighted it started in Australia. Given you ordered on Saturday, THREE business days ago.

As in, the tracking, according to you, shows an event at Underwood. It could take a day to get to Sydney, it could ping-pong between Underwood, Chullora and Sunshine West for several weeks. All of which is in the hands of Australia Post, not the the seller.

I am not sure why you have made a point of it being gold. No $15 watch will have any percentage of gold in it. Except maybe the colour of the paint.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

There is nothing you can do until you get the item and have some proof of where it came from.

Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

But the thing is i just want to make sure it doesn't come from China and from Australia. I don't care where it made from

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

What does it matter?

It is in Australia, so unless it was air-freighted it started in Australia. Given you ordered on Saturday, THREE business days ago.

As in, the tracking, according to you, shows an event at Underwood. It could take a day to get to Sydney, it could ping-pong between Underwood, Chullora and Sunshine West for several weeks. All of which is in the hands of Australia Post, not the the seller.

I am not sure why you have made a point of it being gold. No $15 watch will have any percentage of gold in it. Except maybe the colour of the paint.

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

Psssst Dave,  you forgot to add 'Bro'

$15 Gold watch lol

Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

Isn't this a gold watch? I mean it looks golden

item number is 252812083776

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

My bad.

blush

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

NO. The colour is gold, that's all. It's just fake bling.

Over 5,000 negs and neuts in 12 months.

I wouldn't have given this seller any of my money.

image host
Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

In description - Small dials just for decoration, no function

And did you see how many negs they have?  One third of the fb for the year is negs.

Click on the stars - read the reviews - 2ยฝ stars

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

luihoan_0, the issue isn't so much about country of manufacture.

You are being tongue-in-cheek when you talk about the incredibly smooth transaction involving 3 long months to get from China to Australia ... yes? g_chortle.gif

I know this is not directly in relation to your question, and I don't want to add to any woes, but... are you certain that the iPhone you purchased is a genuine iPhone?

With Chinese-made items, I agree that there's no problem at all if they are made for a well-known respected brand, under contract, to the specifications and standards required by the company. But China (as you no doubt know) is also the land of many fakes. Sometimes even the very manufacturers who work under contract with high-end brands/companies are also - simultaneously - guilty of producing knock-offs / imitations / fakes / rip-offs. It's certainly rife as a cottage industry.  It's because of those fakes, and the fact that it's almost impossible for non-Chinese to have their intellectual property and patent protection enforced, that either good domestic copies or cheap shoddy copies intended for foreign export (to be bought by westerners who are drawn by the cheap prices) are being rolled out by the millions.

CAUTIONARY TALE (true story): A family friend who unfortunately is a little naรฏve proudly showed off his "iPhone" to me, telling me the incredibly low price that he paid to an Asian seller who told him some story of being able to get the genuine iPhones directly from the factory through some contact. A feeble story, to say the least of it! Was the iPhone genuine? No. I could spot the difference between that particular fake and a genuine iPhone even before doing some quick research. Apart from everything else, it didn't actually have the amount of storage that it supposedly had.

The family friend didn't want to believe me. It was about a year or so later that he admitted that the iPhone had stopped some of its functionality and he took it to Apple to repair. Apple gave him the bad news: not genuine.

Anyway, back to your original post:

@luihoan_0wrote:
So on 17/03/18, i have ordered a gold watch for 15$.

The total number of genuine gold watches available for $15 is... let me think... hmm... zilch. Nada. Nichts. Rien. Null Komma nichts. Niente. Nulla. None. You must know this! Were you laughing softly as you wrote that post? You may have purchased a gold-COLOURED watch for $15. I wouldn't expect the movement to be Swiss, and I wouldn't expect the watch to be of any particularly good quality.

If something goes wrong, of course, there's no warranty. But... for $15, you will almost certainly not be too perturbed over that.

@luihoan_0wrote:

What do guys think i should do?

Wait until it arrives, as Lyndal has said. Then of course bring it to a jeweller and have it valued, whereupon you laugh in delight as the jeweller tells you it is gold, pure gold. All right, that was a moment of sheer fantasy.

EDIT: As Davewil said.

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply