I purchased an item offering free postage but paid for quick delivery but it has not yet received

I purchased 3 items from US seller which offered free postage but I opted to pay postage for quick delivery - between 31 august - 2 September.Package arrived in sydeny Australia on 31 August but is only now in transit from Sydney. Package has not yet been received and it is now in the time frame of the free postage offer. It cost AU$45 for postage.  Can I get a refund of the postage I paid?

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: I purchased an item offering free postage but paid for quick delivery but it has not yet receive

maursa2009,

I can't imagine who exactly would you get the postage refund from.

Certainly not from the seller - they have already spent it to post it to you - and not their fault that Australia Post is dragging the chain.

Don't pay any mind to those ficticious dates of receiving items - they never mean anything as no one has any control over a third party operators. Least of all your seller.

If the parcel is sitting in Australia since 31st. - what has that got to do with the seller? Nothing - that's what.

In this case it looks like from your statement and dates that they did everything right, US conveyer did everything  right, and then it came to a stanstll once it reached Australia.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Re: I purchased an item offering free postage but paid for quick delivery but it has not yet receive

If it is coming from the US, perhaps it has been held up in customs in Sydney.  If you have a tracking number, you may be able to find out more details about the reason for this (I'm not sure, others may have more info on this).  However, from other threads on this subject, and because Australia has very tight customs laws, just over a week may be quite realistic.  As the previous responder has said, the seller has done everything correctly from their end.  However, just like domestic delivery of letters and parcels in Australia, we have little control over the pace an item is delivered by Australia Post for example.  That is beyond the control of the seller.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

she paid $45 for a faster delivery and what she got was a standard delivery which would of been free , maybe she could go to aus post with her info and see what happened ,it would not hurt.   maybe stuck in customs or did aus post have it on the 31/8

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

I rang Australia Post several days ago and they had no record of it. they told me it is usual for normal postage for Australia Post not to be advised of its arrival for a week or so but this was not supposed to be 'normal' or 'free' post but instead it was supposed to be express post. I have had dealings with other US, UK, HK and China companies and have never had this problem before. Items have always arrived within the stated times even when via Aust Post.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

Of course, it is just possible that the seller forgot that you wanted express post and posted via normal mail.  I'd probably check what option had been used when it arrives and email the seller if it turns out that express had not been used. Alternatively you could email them now (ask a question about the item rather than the where is my item option as they'll automatically get an ebay if you do the latter and they then won't be motivated to help you), and enquire as to whether the express option was used in a non-confrontational way. 

Someone please correct me about the defect thing if ebay no longer automatically issue defects when a buyer enquires about item delivery, as the last time I experienced this (as a seller, other ID) was quite a long time ago.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Can you post an item number please.

It sounds to me like you have purchased from a seller who uses the GSP but it is not showing up on your purchase history.

If the seller is using the GSP then you should expect to wait 3-4 weeks for your item to arrive.

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I hope it's not the US seller that has left you feedback already.

218 negs and 147 neutrals - not a good sign

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

i think it is but the op has stated in feedback item as discribed but the postage problem,  so that means she has got the goods????

i does not look like a problem with the goods its just that she  paid $45 to get it here express but got it in normal est time which would of been free, she wants to know what can she do ,or os there anything she can do. 

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Joe, try reading the post a bit better

Package has not yet been received and it is now in the time frame of the free postage offer. It cost AU$45 for postage.

OP paid for express post.  Parcel has arrived in Australia, but is

held up in Sydney.     OP has not received it.

Why pay for express post if it takes just as long or longer?

When it finally arrives, I would be looking at a postage refund myself.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply