Instant refund when queried postage time

Hi all, ordered an item from Germany, cost was $130AUD. When it failed to show up 3 weeks after the estimated delivery date, I sent the seller a message requesting confirmation of the postage date. Within hours they simply refunded the total payment with no other explanation. I fear that the item was never even sent, and they simply had fun with my money for 6 weeks and just waited until I messaged before doing anything. They have 98% positive, with the only thing being a neutral that wasn't really warrented anyway. I just find this one strange. Normally the reply is'' could you please wait a few more days, and if the item doesn't arrive let us know''. The refund came too easily for me to believe it was even sent in the first place.

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Deutsch Post is handled by DHL couriers.....did you try the tracking number in the DHL tracking?

Message 11 of 25
Latest reply

DHL shows nothing either.  Maybe was never sent in the first place, hence the instant refund.

Message 12 of 25
Latest reply

How long ago was it?

Maybe this or a flow on from this 

https://www.thelocal.fr/20180409/every-post-office-in-france-paralysed-by-computer-bug

Message 13 of 25
Latest reply

Item was sent on 10th April, with an estimated delivery of between 19th and 23rd April. I messaged the seller late last week to confirm the postage date. It is probably around 2 weeks overdue going on that information. Maybe if I put the tracking number on here, someone may be a bit more knowledgeable than me with tracking?

Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

Worth a shot

The above event was 9th April. I was thinking maybe that might have resulted in the tracking number 'vanishing into the void' so to speak,somewhere in the system

Message 15 of 25
Latest reply

Thank you, here 'tis RC307408353DE

Message 16 of 25
Latest reply

Try the DHL tracking again.....I was able to get through to a page where you can enter your details and get an email to let you know where the parcel is.

Message 17 of 25
Latest reply

Thank you Lyndal, went in there and left my details, no email reply as yet, will see what happens overnight.

Message 18 of 25
Latest reply

That number looks like a Registered signature required consignment.

You have a good chance of seeing the item provided seller hasn't uploaded an incorrect tracking number.

image host
Message 19 of 25
Latest reply

The DE on the end indicates it is a Deutsch Post number and it usually shipped by DHL.

It is not an AP number.

Message 20 of 25
Latest reply