Instant refund when queried postage time

Hi all, ordered an item from Germany, cost was $130AUD. When it failed to show up 3 weeks after the estimated delivery date, I sent the seller a message requesting confirmation of the postage date. Within hours they simply refunded the total payment with no other explanation. I fear that the item was never even sent, and they simply had fun with my money for 6 weeks and just waited until I messaged before doing anything. They have 98% positive, with the only thing being a neutral that wasn't really warrented anyway. I just find this one strange. Normally the reply is'' could you please wait a few more days, and if the item doesn't arrive let us know''. The refund came too easily for me to believe it was even sent in the first place.

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

My experience with Registered items from UK, Germany and France has been that for some reason they can't always be tracked beyond the country of origin.  Parcels with tracking only seem to be OK but not Registered Post / Signature Required / Sign on Delivery etc items.

In the case of UK Registered parcels Aust Post can track them once they are in Oz.  Maybe they can for Germany as well.  It might be worth giving AP Customer Service a call.

Message 21 of 25
Latest reply

Many thanks, will call them.

Message 22 of 25
Latest reply

As no reply rearding the tracking from DHL, decided to message the seller and request them to chase it up from their end, being Germany, as I would still like the item as it is unavailable elsewhere, similar, but not identical features.  The reply was ''best way is to re order the item and pay again''  What? It has become obvious that they never sent the first order at all. Why would a seller wish to risk another refund for a lost item? I certainly wont be taking up the offer either.

Message 23 of 25
Latest reply

Could be the case seller found out it was going to be very expensive to post out to australia, especially with DHL. Depends on the weight of the item.

Or could of simply got lost in postage.

@audistarelectronics wrote:

Hi all, ordered an item from Germany, cost was $130AUD. When it failed to show up 3 weeks after the estimated delivery date, I sent the seller a message requesting confirmation of the postage date. Within hours they simply refunded the total payment with no other explanation. I fear that the item was never even sent, and they simply had fun with my money for 6 weeks and just waited until I messaged before doing anything. They have 98% positive, with the only thing being a neutral that wasn't really warrented anyway. I just find this one strange. Normally the reply is'' could you please wait a few more days, and if the item doesn't arrive let us know''. The refund came too easily for me to believe it was even sent in the first place.

Message 24 of 25
Latest reply

DHL runs the German Postal Service....you do not get charged courier rates if the item is posted through Deutsch Post.

Message 25 of 25
Latest reply