13 REPLIES 13

Re: Is this a scam EBAY???

Could be a scam but with that name and multiples sold, I would say they are Cheap Chinese copies, not the genuine article.

Usually if it's too good to be true, IT IS. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Yep I think your right, cheers 

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

cq_tech
Community Member
You even have to ask? Brand new zero-feedback ID, $600 below retail, already sold the 4 he supposedly had available yet is still selling them (I hope the poor sods paid via Paypal), he states they are one week old yet they only have a purported 8 months warranty. It is clearly a scam and has now been reported as such.
Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Yes even stupid of me to ask.. I know 😞 But I wonder why Ebay doesn't monitor this **bleep** more closely.
Thanks for the comment mate..
Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Unfortunately eBay rather selfishly rely on their users to report any dodgy listings and generally by the time that happens, several people have already been caught out. Why should they worry? After all, it's not their money being lost, is it? It is also true that iphones and ipads are the most highly scam-prone items sold on eBay, and as much as people would like to think so, there are simply no real bargains to had on eBay any more. Not these days.
Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

100% i would say it's a scam........Who in there right mind would sell a item like this at such a low price

seller 0% feedback also i certainly would not buy or trust.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

I absolutely agree with you, I for one refuse to buy any expensive item's on ebay these day's just can't be trusted to much fraud going on.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

100% SCAM

It's one of the numerous daily fraudulent listings for non existent items listed by Scammers using copy/paste of real sellers' listings.

Here's a relevant thread:

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Computers-Electronics/Why-are-ther-so-many-bogus-sellers-around-for-...

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

The listing has now ended after this scammer sold all 10 of his non-existent iPads @ $142.90 each for a total of $1492, and eBay wonder why people are turning away from this site in their droves!

Unless any of this scammer's buyers were stupid enough to pay by direct debit, he won't collect a penny of that money but that's not the point. The listing should never have been allowed in the first place.

Incidentally, a full 12 hours after having been reported as a scam listing, it still hasn't been removed. Pull your collective fingers out, eBay. The place is staffed by morons and you're a bloody disgrace.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply