Item returned as instructed by ebay, no refund

I recently escalated an item not described case through ebay and was instructed by ebay to return the item to the seller for a refund. I included tracking as instructed by ebay and sent by the date they requested. It has since been delivered yesterday as per the tracking on the Australia Post website, but in the resolution centre on ebay it’s still stated as ‘IN TRANSIT’. How long does it take to receive a refund in this circumstance once the item has been delivered? It clearly says on the same page ‘You will receive your refund as soon as the seller receives the item’.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Item returned as instructed by ebay, no refund

ATENCIÓN !!!! Este tío es maleante me a robado juegos de la ps4 !tener cuidado!

ATTENTION !!!! This guy is stolen maleante me ps4 games! Be careful!

Positive with negative comment left by most recent seller of Playstation 4 games in Spain-oh dear 😞

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

Maybe as the OP is seeming to be an eBay shoplifter, the Spanish seller felt ripped off.

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

vlmagic
Community Member
Ebay now give refunds even if seller haven't received the item back. I lost the item and the payment and the shipping. Thanks Ebay.
Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

Both as a buyer and a seller. I can't understand why some people continue to use eBay, or any other online site, when they have constant troubles like this. Then again, some people love being the victim and are out to trash as many people as they can in the process (until eBay catch up with them and shut them down for good). All this bad mouthing of sellers, yet 2 negs out of 8 sales is pretty sad. I wonder how the OP felt when their buyers decided to trash their feedback? I think one of the replies tells all.

Big party happening here!

I used to wonder this too. If every second purchase was bad and the products were rubbish or you had to open claims all the time, you'd surely go elsewhere, wouldn't you. I know I would.

But I've come to the conclusion some people keep buying here because it is so easy for them to get partial refunds, replacements etc at the drop of a hat and they know that.

A handy little bonus/discount you can't get at normal retail stores, that's for sure. Not without true cause.

I could say it was because they don't check out sellers properly or buy cheap stuff from China & expect the world. But I don't think that's the main problem. I think it is they have the mind set that they can buy just about anything here and if they don't like it, they can get a partial refund or just send it back. It isn't affecting them financially so they don't care.

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

It looks like the OP continued to rip sellers off for at least another year, maybe 2 after they started this thread. Looks like they may have finally given up as there is no feedback inside the last 12 months...........or eBay stopped them buying.

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

Ah, it's an old post. I hadn't checked the date before I replied.Smiley Frustrated

I wish they wouldn't keep rising to the top.

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply