Item returned as instructed by ebay, no refund

I recently escalated an item not described case through ebay and was instructed by ebay to return the item to the seller for a refund. I included tracking as instructed by ebay and sent by the date they requested. It has since been delivered yesterday as per the tracking on the Australia Post website, but in the resolution centre on ebay it’s still stated as ‘IN TRANSIT’. How long does it take to receive a refund in this circumstance once the item has been delivered? It clearly says on the same page ‘You will receive your refund as soon as the seller receives the item’.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

imastawka
Honored Contributor

How long?  You said yourself.

It clearly says on the same page ‘You will receive your refund as soon as the seller receives the item’.

Boy, you seem to be unlucky on ebay     running smiley.gif      (party time)

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

The seller needs to confirm that they have received the item.

You can ring ebay yourself and confirm that the tracking shows the item as delivered....they will probably issue the refund on the spot.

Get the phone number through Help and Contact at the bottom of any page.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Tracking doesn't show delivered Lyndal.

It's still in transit

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

But the OP says the AP website says it has been delivered.   Someone needs to update the information in the dispute.

Party list looks good to me.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

My bad.....sorry

walking backwards.gif

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Boy, you seem to be unlucky on ebay     running smiley.gif      (party time)

Both as a buyer and a seller. I can't understand why some people continue to use eBay, or any other online site, when they have constant troubles like this. Then again, some people love being the victim and are out to trash as many people as they can in the process (until eBay catch up with them and shut them down for good). All this bad mouthing of sellers, yet 2 negs out of 8 sales is pretty sad. I wonder how the OP felt when their buyers decided to trash their feedback? I think one of the replies tells all.

Big party happening here!

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

"Party list looks good to me."  

Definitely!

i wonder how many of the "not received" items had no tracking!!

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

Jeez Just looked at the feedback left for others. Party list for sure!

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

@sixinchgoldblade wrote:

I recently escalated an item not described case through ebay and was instructed by ebay to return the item to the seller for a refund. I included tracking as instructed by ebay and sent by the date they requested. It has since been delivered yesterday as per the tracking on the Australia Post website, but in the resolution centre on ebay it’s still stated as ‘IN TRANSIT’. How long does it take to receive a refund in this circumstance once the item has been delivered? It clearly says on the same page ‘You will receive your refund as soon as the seller receives the item’.

I'd probably call this karma.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply