Item safe dropped, tracking shows delivered however no item recieved

Hi everyone,

basically I am the buyer for my problem, I purchased a ~$500 item (graphics card to be exact) and unfortunately my item was safe dropped as I had left my residence since the tracking didnt show out for delivery, however suddenly the next morning the tracking has 2 entries, one was out for delivery and the other delivered...

Unfortunately when I contacted the seller, they immediately attempted to cover their own back-side and started accusing me of being a scammer, swearing at me violently and lashed out at me. I have already reqested for Auspost to open an investigation, however they said there was not really anything they could or would do, as it wasnt their responsibility to cover loss since there was no SOD and/or insurance purchased by the sender.

Is there anything I can do? as paypal says that I cannot win this case since the seller has the tracking and some sort of supporting document.

I also have a thread on a different site, but unfortunately have not been able to get much information from it

Message 1 of 63
Latest reply
62 REPLIES 62

Re: Item safe dropped, tracking shows delivered however no item recieved

I cant seem to find the thread about RTS, wouold you happen to remember what happend?

Message 61 of 63
Latest reply

I htink I remember reading it - basically the gist was it is OK to put RTS on an item as long as that item had NOT been opened.

Those who open a parcel, and find that they have recieved the wrong item / size / colour should not re-pack and RTS, they need to pay another lot of postage.

Message 62 of 63
Latest reply

Yes b3lla, that is correct, which is why I warned the OP not to open the parcel if he wanted to Return To Sender.

Message 63 of 63
Latest reply