Item safe dropped, tracking shows delivered however no item recieved

Hi everyone,

basically I am the buyer for my problem, I purchased a ~$500 item (graphics card to be exact) and unfortunately my item was safe dropped as I had left my residence since the tracking didnt show out for delivery, however suddenly the next morning the tracking has 2 entries, one was out for delivery and the other delivered...

Unfortunately when I contacted the seller, they immediately attempted to cover their own back-side and started accusing me of being a scammer, swearing at me violently and lashed out at me. I have already reqested for Auspost to open an investigation, however they said there was not really anything they could or would do, as it wasnt their responsibility to cover loss since there was no SOD and/or insurance purchased by the sender.

Is there anything I can do? as paypal says that I cannot win this case since the seller has the tracking and some sort of supporting document.

I also have a thread on a different site, but unfortunately have not been able to get much information from it

Message 1 of 63
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have just read the Whirlpool thread from start to finish and you actually did get plenty of correct information given to you.   Several of those responders are very experienced ebay members.

To cut to the chase.....ring paypal and tell them the tracking number is invalid.  It does not give your full address and suburb let alone a postcode.

Don't enter into any conversation where you are trying to justify anything.....just keep repeating that you do not have the item and the tracking number is invalid.  Your argument is no item and invalid tracking number...don't let them try to tell you anything else.

It comes back to the seller having to prove to paypal that they posted something to your address, not just to your suburb.

Another interesting point.....the item was located at West Hoxton but posted in Alexandria.  That is quite a distance to travel to post an item.

If you do have to end up doing a bank chargeback you will be asked if you have completed a dispute through paypal so it is better to have done that before approaching your bank.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 63
Latest reply
62 REPLIES 62

Speak to your post office, and ask them to please ask the delivery agent (postie, or contractor) if they can remember where they left it.

Ask your neighbours if they saw it delivered, and if they know where it might be. It is possible it was misdelivered to one of them of course, and put aside and forgotten, so worth asking.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 2 of 63
Latest reply

I already requested for auspost to open an investigation and got a reference number, I have unfortunately already checked all the PO within 5KM of my address and checked with all the neighbours on my street, unfortunately it was all for nought. So I am now just waiting on auspost to get back to me in regards to the investigation.

Message 3 of 63
Latest reply

Did the seller provide proof that the parcel was sent to your street address to Paypal?

It is in your interests to confirm that they did provide this level of information to paypal.

They may have only provided Paypal with proof of post to your suburb.  Seller protection requires that proof of addressee be provided, not just proof of post.

Message 4 of 63
Latest reply

This is all that is currently in the case that I can see:

Status

The seller has responded to our request for tracking information. We haven’t confirmed the tracking information yet but wanted to share it with you.

• Australia Post tracking # 61261528031094

and the status is currently Being reviewed by paypal.

Message 5 of 63
Latest reply

ring PayPal and tell them that you don't have the item

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 6 of 63
Latest reply

I had already contacted paypal, however the employee that I spoke to wasnt even listening to a word I said (in one ear and out the other) I told him that the seller already have proof of postage and that they seemingly met all the requirements for paypal seller protection. The employee just constantly rambled on and on about how the seller has needs to provide the relevent information (when the information had already been provided by me originally and the seller afterwards...)

So I am pretty sure that they know, however I will give them another call when they open Sunday

Message 7 of 63
Latest reply

I have just read the Whirlpool thread from start to finish and you actually did get plenty of correct information given to you.   Several of those responders are very experienced ebay members.

To cut to the chase.....ring paypal and tell them the tracking number is invalid.  It does not give your full address and suburb let alone a postcode.

Don't enter into any conversation where you are trying to justify anything.....just keep repeating that you do not have the item and the tracking number is invalid.  Your argument is no item and invalid tracking number...don't let them try to tell you anything else.

It comes back to the seller having to prove to paypal that they posted something to your address, not just to your suburb.

Another interesting point.....the item was located at West Hoxton but posted in Alexandria.  That is quite a distance to travel to post an item.

If you do have to end up doing a bank chargeback you will be asked if you have completed a dispute through paypal so it is better to have done that before approaching your bank.

Message 8 of 63
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Very observant but I wouldn't read anything into that. For 5 years I travelled 45 minutes to another town for work every day and that is where I posted my parcels in my lunch hour. There are lots of ebayers who have a full time job besides ebay so they don't necessarily post their mail in their own town. 

Message 9 of 63
Latest reply

I contacted paypal and did as you said, though they did say that it was quite close (within 15KM), however the seller hasnt provided a lodgement recipt or anything to support proof of postage (contrary to what a different consultant told me).

Also thank you very much for taking your time to read through the entire whirlpool thread. Now I am just going to have to wait for the paypal investigation which the consultant said would take about a week.

anyways thanks for the help so far guys, I really appreciate it.

Message 10 of 63
Latest reply