Lengthy wait for item to be shipped.

Do you think it's worth waiting longer than the advised 5-10 day waiting time for an item to be shipped to me or cancel. Seller is in USA, has a substantial number of neg feedback. If you message them and enquire, they usually send a generated email back so it can be a little frustrating as you don't really know what's going on.
Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Lengthy wait for item to be shipped.

Community Member
@sandypebbles wrote:

You know very well that is a total load of nonsense 

How do you work out if the seller does not manually go onto their computer/log in to ebay/bring up the listing/press the mark as sent option

That 100% means it has not been shipped 

Please see danieh_6's post. BTW: Michelle is quite right to be concerned and has validity in just about all of what she has said here.

@danieh_6 wrote:

I was able to find the listing, This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available. So I think the vent is somewhat okay

But however, America is heavily effected by COVID19 so I think you should definitely be more understanding when purchasing internationally. Also some of the feedback is likely due to COVID, but based on the ratio, I personally think the seller is honest. But you can't blame sellers for international delivery.

Well,I too can understand Michelle's frustration and wanting to know. In these troubled times with COVID19, confirmation of an item being shipped would go a long way to put a customer's mind at rest. Just recently, I scored a rare one-off item. So happy to have it in my hands now. When I saww the shipping confirmation, I was pleased. When I saw it had arrived on our shores, I was really happy. When I had it in my hands it was like .... "Oh yeah!!!!!!!"

@sandypebbles wrote:

Attention seeking as always 

No, not at all. Michelle's just looking for some advice and I can understand her frustration. After all this is supposed to be a forum to help buyers. Sadly, this isn't always the case.

I'm with Michelle on this one.

Message 21 of 33
Latest reply

4channel, Michelle posts on her phone. Your cut and pasting of the posts, instead of using the quote button, means she will be unable to read your replies. There is absolutely no reason to cut and paste rather than using the quote button. It was pointed out to you recently that people using their phones can't see your replies due to the cut and paste.

Message 22 of 33
Latest reply

I can read the replies satisfactorily on my phone, if needs be, I can go to the library and use the internet there.

Message 23 of 33
Latest reply

@michellebartley wrote:
Do you think it's worth waiting longer than the advised 5-10 day waiting time for an item to be shipped to me or cancel. Seller is in USA, has a substantial number of neg feedback. If you message them and enquire, they usually send a generated email back so it can be a little frustrating as you don't really know what's going on.
------------------------

Yes, it can be frustrating when a seller does not mark an item as posted but I suppose to some extent it depends on what sort of seller this is, whether it is a business or whether it is some little private seller. If the latter, not everyone knows to mark the item. Even some private sellers who have sold quite a few items still fail to do it. I remember a while back wondering about when an item would be posted as it wasn't marked, only to have it land in my letter box next day. So the seller had sent it okay, just not marked it on ebay. It happens.

The reverse can also happen where a seller generates a label for your parcel or some such thing but the parcel hasn't in fact been lodged at the PO and might not be for several days, yet it is marked as 'sent'.

So that 'sent' thing on ebay is an indicator but you can't take it as gospel.

It's a shame the seller hasn't given you a clear reply. It shouldn't be that hard to say yes or no to whether a parcel has been posted off.

I don't think you are going to have much choice but to wait though. Even if you ask them to cancel, they don't have to and given they haven't answered a simple yes or no question, I wouldn't hold my breath expecting a reply if you ask for cancellation.

In summary-the item may have been posted, you can't force the seller to cancel.

I do believe though you could probably go through paypal for an item not received claim (even before the expected due delivery date) and win if they have no tracking details.

But do you really want to do that? Sure, you would get your money back but don't yoiu want the item?

Why not just wait? Wait a bit longer till the estimated due delivery dates and give it a few days over that because the international post can be a bit delayed at the moment. If it still has not arrived by then though, you can open an ebay item not received claim then. With a  bit of luck, you'll get your parcel and all will be well. No need to fret too much just yet.

Message 24 of 33
Latest reply

It's always refreshing to read your posts on the Buying  Board springyzone. Even when you disagree with an OP or as it is with the case here, you're offering some advice that is guidance from experience, you never resort to that other kind of behaviour that has been witnessed here by some of us. Some should take a leaf from your book.

And yes, what you say aboout waiting just a bit more does no harm.

Message 25 of 33
Latest reply

Hi,

What I have noticed lately is that some descriptions are stating that the item is in Australia, but I think that it might be on a boat from China! In the past, I've had items come in faster from overseas that I've had from interstate!. The UK post is brilliant, the USA is not far behind and China isn't really that bad. I have stopped buying from overseas sellers since the start of COVID-19  but accidentally purchased an item from China on the 22nd of June, and on the 20th of July it has just been cleared by our customs! So about one month and a bit, is the correct waiting time. Ebay protection is really good, if not the best.

Message 26 of 33
Latest reply

@ozgo123 wrote:

Hi,

What I have noticed lately is that some descriptions are stating that the item is in Australia, but I think that it might be on a boat from China! In the past, I've had items come in faster from overseas that I've had from interstate!. The UK post is brilliant, the USA is not far behind and China isn't really that bad. I have stopped buying from overseas sellers since the start of COVID-19  but accidentally purchased an item from China on the 22nd of June, and on the 20th of July it has just been cleared by our customs! So about one month and a bit, is the correct waiting time. Ebay protection is really good, if not the best.

Disappointing when these type of situations occur, especially if you have had to wait a considerable time. If your absolutely sure that the speakers were as you say, dead, and the seller failed to tell you that they didn't work, and you have only recently purchased them, then you have the right to open an Item Not As Described  case with Ebay.

I'm sure that the groupies will be along soon with more information orders for you.

Message 27 of 33
Latest reply

@ozgo123 wrote:

Hi,

What I have noticed lately is that some descriptions are stating that the item is in Australia, but I think that it might be on a boat from China! 

If you check the estimated delivery window it should give you a pretty good indication on whether the item is located in Australia or overseas.  Also check the seller's feedback profile to see if their account was registered in Australia or not.

If they quote a short delivery time (i.e. as if local) but do send from overseas, you can obviously open a case against them when the item hasn't arrived in time.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 28 of 33
Latest reply

@skyrider12-au wrote:

Disappointing when these type of situations occur, especially if you have had to wait a considerable time. If your absolutely sure that the speakers were as you say, dead, and the seller failed to tell you that they didn't work, and you have only recently purchased them, then you have the right to open an Item Not As Described  case with Ebay.

I'm sure that the groupies will be along soon with more information orders for you.

Hmmm, and are you absolutely sure that you are replying to the right thread ????

Somehow I doubt it.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 29 of 33
Latest reply

No, I am at a loss to explain how this occurred - The quote is not the quote that I attached to my reply and the thread is not the one I posted to ????? something has occurred to scramble my reply, and not being Friday I can't blame the glitch. One thing I do know is that it's both embarrassing, and annoying  and there isn't any way for me to delete it

Message 30 of 33
Latest reply