bof2814-0
Community Member

I went to buy some craft items and found this item 182357699136 I cannot understand why seller insists on saying he is in Darwin when he is in Malaysia and most of his negs are slow or no delivery. I have reported it to e-bay but will not hold my breath.I searched by Australia only and lowest price and postage and first 11 hits were in Asia all with low feedback percentages mainly due to delivery problems, cannot help thinking honesty would be best policy for these sellers.

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Location

@porcelain_dolls_by_me wrote:

As per the iem description for the listing: "Package size:152x210x59mm"

Ths maximum thickness for a letter (large or small) is 20mm.  Therefore the subject item must be sent as a parcel.

You're not looking at the right item for $3.65      It's a listing with variations.

All the other variations are priced at $24.65  they can afford freepost with them.

All the measurements given relate to those speakers, not the $3.65 one

Does this speaker look like it would measure 59mm?   It goes under your pillow and would be very uncomfortable if it was that thick. 

This one would be sent as a large letter IMO

Message 11 of 21
Latest reply

Advertising a location that the seller is not at is fraudulent, misleading a customer is illegal in Australia, Ebay is participating in breaking the law to allow this to happen.
I am looking at starting a partition to be presented to the ACCC as a complaint about misleading information being used by consumers, I wonder then if Ebay took notice!

Message 12 of 21
Latest reply

I suggest you start a "petition" it will probably have more impact

Message 13 of 21
Latest reply

Petitions are not allowed on the ebay boards.

You will jeopardise your posting privileges if you go ahead with one.....and anyone who signs it will be in the same boat.

Message 14 of 21
Latest reply

@radds-corp wrote:

Advertising a location that the seller is not at is fraudulent, misleading a customer is illegal in Australia, Ebay is participating in breaking the law to allow this to happen.
I am looking at starting a partition to be presented to the ACCC as a complaint about misleading information being used by consumers, I wonder then if Ebay took notice!

So eBay should be sending somebody out to every seller's stated location and check the items are there before they allow a listing?

It would solve the unemployment problem for the few weeks before they closed down due to lack of listings, I suppose.

Message 15 of 21
Latest reply

@radds-corp wrote:

I put a partition in my shed recently. It worked really well having 2 separate areas.

Message 16 of 21
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@radds-corp

I put a partition in my shed recently. It worked really well having 2 separate areas.

My Paccies would hate that Tippy, they wouldn't be able to wander over and nick each others afternoon nibbles.........

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 17 of 21
Latest reply

Food theft - more alpaca crime.

I'm afraid that all of this illustrates the rising rates of alpaca gang crime.

Message 18 of 21
Latest reply

I think one likes the crushed barley and the other fancies the "Paccie muesli" in the mix - oh well, it gives them a bit more exercise after wandering around the dams all day annoying the ducks...................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 19 of 21
Latest reply

Which is why I'd never have paccies. The paccie crime is too high in this area. Especially when it comes to food. Really bad business it is.

Message 20 of 21
Latest reply