Lost items with Aust Post.

Hi all, appears to be some confusion regarding who has to wear it when items are lost with Aust Post. I have lodgement receipts, and tracking shows the items have gone through Sydney, but thats where they stop, according to the tracking. I don't wish for my buyers to be giving me a neg, if I have to refund, I will. Aust Post have emailed me with their results of my two cases open with them, and they have requested values of the items, and the postage costs involved. I believe they may offer some type of payment when they lose items, but it probably wont cover the full value. It is a joke that we sellers really need to insure items in case they lose them. I mean, why should we pay extra, on top of the skyrocketing postage costs, to cover them for not doing their job and losing stuff. This is three items they have lost with me, in two weeks. A joke.

Message 1 of 70
Latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

Re: Lost items with Aust Post.

Can you two get a room?

Message 51 of 70
Latest reply

@audistarelectronics wrote:

Hi all, appears to be some confusion regarding who has to wear it when items are lost with Aust Post. I have lodgement receipts, and tracking shows the items have gone through Sydney, but thats where they stop, according to the tracking. I don't wish for my buyers to be giving me a neg, if I have to refund, I will. Aust Post have emailed me with their results of my two cases open with them, and they have requested values of the items, and the postage costs involved. I believe they may offer some type of payment when they lose items, but it probably wont cover the full value. It is a joke that we sellers really need to insure items in case they lose them. I mean, why should we pay extra, on top of the skyrocketing postage costs, to cover them for not doing their job and losing stuff. This is three items they have lost with me, in two weeks. A joke.

Wow, talk about a topic that has been taken off course.

Here's my take on it.Smiley Happy

1. Topic was originally about who has to bear the loss-buyer or seller-when an outside agency loses an item.

Therefore, the topic is just as relevant to buyers as sellers. It doesn't matter which of those boards it is on. If a topic is seriously in the wrong place, the mods move it for the person, so no one here needs to work up a sweat worrying about it.

I'm pretty much a buyer these days and I find the subject of who wears it when Aust post loses an item very interesting.

From what I've read in posts in the past, the degree of proof needed can vary, with some items just having to show as delivered within a suburb for it to be deemed as received by a buyer.

In this case, it does seem as if Aust Post has lost the items & acknowledges that and there may be some compensation, though maybe not to the full extent of the original price.

If that is the case, I would think it probably falls to the seller to refund the buyer if they don't receive the item within a reasonable time.

2. Audio at no time said he was actually crying about a possible neg, he said he didn't wish for his buyers to be giving him a neg. Can't see that saying he doesn't want a neg is anything radically unusual. havn't struck a seller yet who actually wants negs. I know when we were selling, we liked having a 100% rating and would have been disappointed to lose it.

However, I am with countess on this and don't believe a seller should let it be the main or only consideration. I believe if you are on ebay long enough and do enough deals, eventually you're likely to strike an unreasonable buyer or get a neg for an unfair reason. If it happens, quite often other buyers can see through it. And that's the main thing, isn't it. Feedback is mainly there as a guide for other buyers.

In this case though, a neg would be for items not received. For a neg like that, I think a seller needs to be able to respond that an item was lost in Aust post, full refund given.

3. Lots of people are both buyers and sellers. The fact audio had a problem with an item he bought doesn't mean he is necessarily a bad seller or has double standards about transactions. From memory, his purchase experience was totally different to this one. No item received by ETA, no tracking details provided till after that, Aust post confirmation the item was not sent till much later.

In this case, we have a seller with tracking evidence the item was sent when claimed, confirmation from Aust post they can't find it and it has not been delivered. Chalk & cheese and in any case, not related to his opening post here.

-------

If i were the seller, I'd explain to the buyer what was happening, ask them to wait a few extra days to see if it was sorted and assure them that if it remained lost after that, that i would refund them.

Then follow through. If you do get a neg, at least you will have a reasonable response.

As for things lost with Aust Post. I personally have rarely had trouble, I have found they are usually reliable, but of course stuff does happen sometimes. Their terms and conditions aren't likely to change too much so sometimes it is probably a good idea to just insure for more expensive items and maybe build that into the cost of the item.

Message 52 of 70
Latest reply

You don't seem to understand the reasoning for me saying OP is crying about receiving a neg.

It's because of his other thread where he outright punished a seller and now on this thread he doesn't want the same to happen to him.

I don't give a **bleep** what anyone says to me but he's crying,just because he doesn't say he's crying doesn't mean he's not.

You can all say what ever you want to try and sugar coat it but it ain't gona wash with me.

So if you keep on trying to say otherwise then I'll just keep on disagreeing with you until I'm stopped!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 53 of 70
Latest reply

Geez, just get over it, now you are having a go at anyone who in any possible way agrees with me. I came here, asked a decent question, in a decent manner, and you have taken the ''high road'' with it. Please stop putting words into my mouth, your posts are bordering on rediculous. I am a retired electronics engineer, buy quite a bit, sell a few excess hobby items, expect to receive what I pay for, and expect my buyers to do the same. If I must refund, which I have just done, so be it.  Aust Post is reimbursing me for all of the first item, and around 75% of the second. So, I'm happy, my buyers are happy, you are the only unhappy one on here. As I have requested, let this go, the pantomine has run it's course. For everyones  sake, I hope the whole thread gets deleted.

Message 54 of 70
Latest reply

I just can't do that because as you said it has all worked out well for you you're happy that you got what you wanted.

Double standards all the way.

Stop posting then I won't have to reply simple as that.

I hope I receive my item on time and as described!

Message 55 of 70
Latest reply

Yes, you can hide behind multiple accounts, if  one is to believe that, but if buy from me, you will be 100% happy with my service, just as ALL my other buyers are with my 100% positive feedback. Funny though, how all my recent sales are accounted for, and unless you play with model trains, or are a musicion, you would be very unlikely to purchase anything anyway. Please just go away.

Message 56 of 70
Latest reply

You go away seriously you just keep coming back.

Yes I play with trains and musical instruments and I won't go away until you go away.

My son runs a business that you might be familiar with.

Don't worry as I wouldn't buy from you, don't know why you think that lol.

I mean't in general that I hope my items arrive on time and as described (didn't you think that's what I meant?) haha see how easy it is to think something totally different to what someone means.

Message 57 of 70
Latest reply

Now it's obvious you like stirring up people just to get a response. You are making a fool of yourself. This is my last reply to you, so say what you wish to say to me, about me, imagine things I have never stated. Have fun.

Message 58 of 70
Latest reply

Give it a rest crow.....this is not like you and you are not doing yourself any favours.

Message 59 of 70
Latest reply

I'll give it a rest when OP does and surely you have realized why I'm doing this by now? some may have already figured it out lol.

I don't need any favours so when OP stops then I'll stop.

Message 60 of 70
Latest reply