Lost items with Aust Post.

Hi all, appears to be some confusion regarding who has to wear it when items are lost with Aust Post. I have lodgement receipts, and tracking shows the items have gone through Sydney, but thats where they stop, according to the tracking. I don't wish for my buyers to be giving me a neg, if I have to refund, I will. Aust Post have emailed me with their results of my two cases open with them, and they have requested values of the items, and the postage costs involved. I believe they may offer some type of payment when they lose items, but it probably wont cover the full value. It is a joke that we sellers really need to insure items in case they lose them. I mean, why should we pay extra, on top of the skyrocketing postage costs, to cover them for not doing their job and losing stuff. This is three items they have lost with me, in two weeks. A joke.

Message 1 of 70
Latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

Ok I'm not going to come out as sarcastic but you may well think that I am lol but you are now complaining that the items you sent have gone missing and want to blame someone else,but regarding your other thread the same thing has happened to a seller that you purchased from and you blamed the seller so who are you going to blame here?

I've stated all along it's AP that are to blame and if you believe what they say then you're too gullible!

Message 2 of 70
Latest reply

I did say in my post that I will gladly wear it and refund if I need to. Aust Post has acknowledged in their email that they have lost the two items I posted, and have requested values etc.  As for the missing item that was purchased by me, and also lost by AP, the case was closed yesterday in my favor by Paypal. The value of that item was three times the value of the other two, and I was not going to be paying for an item that didn't get to me. I was just asking who is really responsible for lost items, me, being the seller, or the buyer, or Aust Post. That is all I was asking, I was not trying to shirk my responsibilities. No need to be smart, if you cant offer any advice of value, please don't reply to my posts. Nuff sed.

Message 3 of 70
Latest reply

I just remembered, someone on here stated the the Paypal case ''wont end well for you''. Not correct on that one either.

Message 4 of 70
Latest reply

@audistarelectronics wrote:

I just remembered, someone on here stated the the Paypal case ''wont end well for you''. Not correct on that one either.

I suspect they may have given you a refund out of their own pockets since Paypal policies state that the seller only has to show lodgement/tracking at their end to qualify for seller protection.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 70
Latest reply

I did say in my post that I will gladly wear it and refund if I need to. Aust Post has acknowledged in their email that they have lost the two items I posted, and have requested values etc.  As for the missing item that was purchased by me, and also lost by AP, the case was closed yesterday in my favor by Paypal. The value of that item was three times the value of the other two, and I was not going to be paying for an item that didn't get to me. I was just asking who is really responsible for lost items, me, being the seller, or the buyer, or Aust Post. That is all I was asking, I was not trying to shirk my responsibilities. No need to be smart, if you cant offer any advice of value, please don't reply to my posts. Nuff sed.

Haha I will reply to any post I feel like is a double standard.

You cried about not wanting to get a negative feedback from your buyers but you're willing to bury a seller that hasn't done anything wrong, by the way why haven't you given that seller any feedback?

My advice to you would be don't dish out what you don't want dished out to you.

You cried that your items went missing don't you think that other seller was probably doing the same thing?just because they didn't respond to you doesn't mean they're guilty.

Good luck with these cases hope they end up in your favour as well.

Message 6 of 70
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

I suspect they may have given you a refund out of their own pockets since Paypal policies state that the seller only has to show lodgement/tracking at their end to qualify for seller protection.

I mentioned that to OP and you're 100% correct padi lol.

Message 7 of 70
Latest reply

Sorry I forgot to mention/advise to you that don't post a thread in the buying section when you're the seller lol.

Message 8 of 70
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

Sorry I forgot to mention/advise to you that don't post a thread in the buying section when you're the seller lol.

Is it really such a big deal where the OP posts?

Message 9 of 70
Latest reply

Yes, it is.

If someone is looking for this thread, they won't find it in Selling - where it should be.

Can't have anarchy on the boards.   

Message 10 of 70
Latest reply