Lost items with Aust Post.

Hi all, appears to be some confusion regarding who has to wear it when items are lost with Aust Post. I have lodgement receipts, and tracking shows the items have gone through Sydney, but thats where they stop, according to the tracking. I don't wish for my buyers to be giving me a neg, if I have to refund, I will. Aust Post have emailed me with their results of my two cases open with them, and they have requested values of the items, and the postage costs involved. I believe they may offer some type of payment when they lose items, but it probably wont cover the full value. It is a joke that we sellers really need to insure items in case they lose them. I mean, why should we pay extra, on top of the skyrocketing postage costs, to cover them for not doing their job and losing stuff. This is three items they have lost with me, in two weeks. A joke.

Message 1 of 70
Latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

@repentatleisure1952 wrote:

@collect247 wrote:

Sorry I forgot to mention/advise to you that don't post a thread in the buying section when you're the seller lol.

Is it really such a big deal where the OP posts?

YES!

Message 11 of 70
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Can't have anarchy on the boards.   

angry-old-man-smiley-emoticon.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 12 of 70
Latest reply

That's what musketeers are for.

Message 13 of 70
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

@imastawka wrote:

angry-old-man-smiley-emoticon.gif

Yeah, we got this          fighting granny.gif 

Message 14 of 70
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

That's what musketeers are for.

As well as being supremely brave, awe-inspiring, and legendary (even outside our own lunchboxes) etc etc etc.................

Message 15 of 70
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Yes, it is.

If someone is looking for this thread, they won't find it in Selling - where it should be.

I presumed people checked all boards...must be just me then.

Message 16 of 70
Latest reply

So how does walking sticks at ten paces work?

Do you hobble the first ten, creak around, then hobble back the ten, and the winner is the one who is still alive?

Message 17 of 70
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

So how does walking sticks at ten paces work?

Do you hobble the first ten, creak around, then hobble back the ten, and the winner is the one who is still alive?

Nah silly, the one who remains standing and hasn't fallen over.....................true.gif

Message 18 of 70
Latest reply

@repentatleisure1952 wrote:

@imastawka wrote:

Yes, it is.

If someone is looking for this thread, they won't find it in Selling - where it should be.

I presumed people checked all boards...must be just me then.

No, I do too.

Actually, I just go down the main page and find any that have new comments I haven't yet read.

I wish there was an option to search only for those, it would make it so much easier.

Message 19 of 70
Latest reply

You are only guessing the reason Paypal refunded me in full. Ok, the seller marked the item as sent on the 29th August, and that was proven to be a lie, as it was only lodged on 11th September, the tracking number was only produced by the seller on that date, not before when requested to produce it. Paypal obviously looked at this case of lies by the seller and made a decision based on the facts. Saying that Paypal only refunded me when they didn't really have to is just guessing. No, I wont be leaving any feedback at all for the seller in this matter, as I consider they may just learn from this and in future don't list items they don't have in stock, or at least keep buyers updated on any possible delays in shipping. By the way, I would like you to quote where I am crying regarding getting a neg myself for lost items in the post. Simply was asking the correct procedure as it is a grey area. I will gladly refund my buyers once AP confirm the losses, or show delivery. Might pay you to have a look at my feedback from my customers before being smart. Anyway, this matter is dead and buried as far as I'm concerned.

Message 20 of 70
Latest reply