Money back guarantee

Hi,

I am looking for some advice. I bought a new iphone from a store on ebay. It was a genuine new phone and the seller is a legitimate phone store (interstate). The phone turned out to be faulty on the first day I used it. I called apple support and they told me to turn the phone to the seller. The seller didn't want to help and kept telling me to go to an Apple store. I had to get ebay involved and they told me to post the item back. I have raised a case through ebay money back guarantee and logged the return postage tracking. The seller has the item now and eBay have acknowledge it was delivered last week. However I cannot get ebay to refund the money. They say because it is a large amount they need a supervisor to approve it. I am sick of sending emails and making phone calls. Has anyone got any ideas what the next step can be. This is the first time I have used eBay money back guarantee and I am really disappointed.

Thanks

Sunnysmummy

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Money back guarantee

Firstly, there is no point emailing eBay, *if* there is a reply at all, it is unlikely to be anything to do with your question as email replies are bot generated based on random key words

If you have only phoned, it is likey you reached the overseas call center where again,responses from CS are script based and they will say anything to get people off the line as fast as possible 

Far better to use the 'have us call you' option and better still, use that and request to speak to a supervisor

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Have you escalated the case through the return process?

Upload the tracking to the case and then ask ebay to step in and resolve it.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Yes I escalated throught the offical return process once it was clear the seller wouldn't help. I can't escalate it any further.The MBG email I got when I asked ebay to step in and resolve it said I would get a full refund once it was delivered. Ebay acknowledges it is delivered but haven't released the refund. I need to know if anyone has any suggestions as I feel my case is in limbo.

Thanks

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Then do as Bear suggested and use the 'call me back' option, and ask to speak to a supervisor.

You'll get more sense out of them that way.

But they only man the phones during business hours, so best left until the morning.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks, enigmabear and imastawka, I will try tomorrow.

Regards

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Most welcome,good luck Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply