No longer covered by eBay Money Back Guarantee, not able to leave feedback

Thought the problem is due to I paid with eBay gift card, turned out it might not. Or at least not entirely. 

Refer to https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/Will-I-get-sufficient-protection-if-I-pay-item-with-eBay-gif...

So I bought an item paid with eBay gift card.  The seller said she/he had multiple problems with the post office and not posting it for a week, later finally posted but no tracking no. After more than 2 weeks with empty hand, I tried to click 'I didn't receive it' in eBay, here's the message

You're no longer covered by eBay Money Back Guarantee
We're sorry there's an issue with this purchase. Unfortunately, the item is no longer covered by eBay Money Back Guarantee. Please try contacting the seller.

Asked customer support and was told you can only open a not received case after the expected delivery date.

Don't worry! Good thing you paid via PayPal so you are covered with both eBay and PayPal. You are under eBay Money Back Guarantee Policy and PayPal Buyer Protection Program. For eBay, you can only open "Track Request" after the estimated delivery date so you clearly cannot open it now. You can open it on the 15th of August since the estimated delivery date of your item is between August 8 to 14. For PayPal, you can open "Item Not Received" anytime within 180 days from payment date.

However on 15th Aug, it's still the same no longer covered by eBay. Anyway, I was able to open a not received case in PayPal.

I have no problem open return request on eBay for arrived damaged item (also paid with eBay gift card).  

Then here's the deal:

A seller sold me a harddrive claim to be working fine but received damage, over 600 bad sectors and test write gives tons of erros after 18.05GB data. Seller refused to accept a return for it, also stopped to response totally. 

Have no solution for it, I opened a return request on eBay, and tried to leave a feedback to the seller, it seems I won't able to leave feedback for this particular seller/purchase, eBay shows

It looks like you already left Feedback or you waited longer than our policy allows.

I have no problem leaving feedbacks for other sellers. 

Any idea what's wrong here with my two purchase?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: No longer covered by eBay Money Back Guarantee, not able to leave feedback

I would think the MBG may not work if it is a day or two near the last estimated date.

Feedback always has a deadline of 60 days.

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

No way to test the MBG now since I've opened not received case in PayPal. 

The transaction I'm not able to leave feedback, happened in about 10 days, way before the feedback time. 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Try leaving feedback here -

https://www.ebay.com.au/fdbk/leave_feedback?

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks for the reply. 

I found out why I cant leave that feedback, it has already been left, it just shows hasn't in the purchase history

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply