PLATYPUS code not working

so, i just agreed to buy an item after seeing the PLATYPUS code offer was there just under the 'buy it now' button

went thru to the checkout, put PLATYPUS into the 'enter code' place

and het told 'this code cant be applied to your order'

now i'm angry.

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

By the way, it is usually better to add items to your cart rather than committing to buy them because if you add them to your cart at checkout you can see if the code you wanted to use works or not before paying and if you cancel it is OK because you have not committed to buy the item yet.

Message 11 of 21
Latest reply

The code is for ebay.com.au, ebay.com and ebay.co.uk.

Strictly speaking if the item is listed on ebay.com.au it should work though (but as we have seen it doesn't with this particular code).

Message 12 of 21
Latest reply

If it had been listed on ebay China the code would not have worked.

The T & C definitely state it is for the Australian, UK and US sites only.

Message 13 of 21
Latest reply

It should be a no-brainer that if it's listed in US dollars then it's listed on ebay.com

Or can they list in US dollars on other sites now?  They can't as far as I'm aware.

Message 14 of 21
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

David, did you bother to read the Countess's first answer...the link woud have taken you to the thread posted a few days ago telling members to log into the ebay site that the item is listed on.

No point in getting angry when the information is out there for all to read.

Surely you aren't suggesting that everyone should read all the recent forum threads before they make a purchase now?  He was angry when the code didn't work, as well he should be, and that was before he was told where to look for the answer.  Having to read the forums to see how to get it to work, or to ring ebay and ask, is a waste of time and shouldn't be required.

Message 15 of 21
Latest reply

Post #2 gave the direct link to the post that told the OP what the workaround was.

He was getting annoyed because he tried ebay China and not the US which is where it was listed.   It was in US$ which tells where it was listed.

Message 16 of 21
Latest reply

I am not a seller, so I don't know how it works, but quite a few items from China on eBay Australia are listed in AUD (sellers are based in China too, no lies about location). Or do the Chinese list directly on our site?

Message 17 of 21
Latest reply

I think the Chinese really list on different sites so their items are easier to find. I have found some items on different sites in different currencies.

Message 18 of 21
Latest reply

If the items are listed in AU$ they have been listed on the Australian site.....US$ on the US site....GBP the UK site....etc.

Items can only be listed in the currency of the site they are listed on.

Message 19 of 21
Latest reply

@papermoon.lady wrote:

I think the Chinese really list on different sites so their items are easier to find. I have found some items on different sites in different currencies.

Some of the large Chinese sellers will have items in the same store listed on several different sites.  There will be listings in AU$, GBP, and US$.

I have often found it works out cheaper to buy some items from the UK or US....depending on the exchange rates when I am buying.

Message 20 of 21
Latest reply