PLATYPUS code not working

so, i just agreed to buy an item after seeing the PLATYPUS code offer was there just under the 'buy it now' button

went thru to the checkout, put PLATYPUS into the 'enter code' place

and het told 'this code cant be applied to your order'

now i'm angry.

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

David, check this thread reply for details of the solution.

As I understand it, you'll be able to use the code for your international purchases by going to the eBay site on which the item is listed - i.e., eBay.com, eBay.co.uk - and completing your purchase there.

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Tamiya-1-10-58655-CITROEN-2CV-CHARLESTON-M05/223044856938?hash=item33ee8...

this it the item, how do i find the ebay site i need to be on?

whats the point of this code if it wont just work?

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

no, still wont work, i signed in, went to the item awaiting payment, opened the checkout page, typed in PLATYPUS and got the same  result.

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

Then... I think it's time for you to charm eBay CS. Tell them about the difficulty, see if they can find a workaround, and if not, get them to promise you a refund of the amount you'd have saved by using the code. (Get it in writing.)

eBay's "Have us call you" option is the way to go.

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

Then... I think it's time for you to charm eBay CS. Tell them about the difficulty, see if they can find a workaround, and if not, get them to promise you a refund of the amount you'd have saved by using the code. (Get it in writing.)

eBay's "Have us call you" option is the way to go.

i did just that, call got answered very quickly.

the answer was, log into ebay.com the US site.

then go through the checkout, put in platypus and bobs your uncle.

even though the item was based in china it was listed in the US site.

this must be causing problems for a lot of buyers who dont know about the forums or how to contact customer service.

thanks for your help

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

David, did you bother to read the Countess's first answer...the link woud have taken you to the thread posted a few days ago telling members to log into the ebay site that the item is listed on.

No point in getting angry when the information is out there for all to read.

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

David, did you bother to read the Countess's first answer...the link woud have taken you to the thread posted a few days ago telling members to log into the ebay site that the item is listed on.

No point in getting angry when the information is out there for all to read.

my anger was not that there was a 'work around' but that there was a 'work around' required!

they didnt explain in the offer you had to log into another ebay site to get the code to work.

the massage was, just type the code in at checkout and thats all. nothing about logging into any other ebay sites.

maybe 'anger' was the wrong word, maybe 'confused' would have been better.

it seemed a simple operation, buy an item, type in a code, pay for item.

which ive done a few times before.

and this 'offer' is only for australian buyers, so old dumbdumb thought you needed to be on the australian site to use the code.

although ive been using ebay for a very long time there are things i dont know. like where a item is posted originally, i thought a seller in china would be using the china ebay site.

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

I'm glad it worked for you, but it's so counter-intuitive that the item was listed on the US site although it was coming from Hong Kong. I should have guessed, though, that it might be, in order to attract the most views.

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply