Pay $150 a year to a PO BOX at Australia Post Office and sellers wont post to a secure PO BOX ? JOKE

Leaving a parcel in a open letter box at a block of flats its just stupid.

The Courier companies and service I have now found in Australia to be a joke and unreliable. I am no way going to not goto work , waiting for a courier to then NOT turn up as sheduled. they are unreliable and it does not work.

I now pay for a PO BOX at a actual AUSTRALIA POST OFFICE and most sellers in Australia now say NO PO BOX ? are you totally stupid. 

So now I spend time looking for sellers who send to the PO BOX or I simply have to goto Hong Kong and wait extra week or two because the sellers here... well done.

I HAVE A PO BOX - I PAY $$ FOR IT.

EBAY should have a LISTING FILTER option now that has DELIVER to POBOX ONLY as it will stop me wasting my time

Rob

Message 1 of 55
Latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

Pay $150 a year to a PO BOX at Australia Post Office and sellers wont post to a secure PO BOX ? JOKE

I could supply you with a couple of very easy and free solutions to your problem.  However due to the arrogance and abuse you

have displayed in your question, I will let you go figure it out for yourself.  Should not take you long with your level of genius, plus

I don't see too many Totally Stupid Sellers bothering to offer any help.

Message 2 of 55
Latest reply

Just have your stuff sent to the local PO.

https://auspost.com.au/receiving/alternative-delivery-addresses/choose-a-post-office-for-deliveries

its a real thing.

And yeah courier companies are great..... if you can wait 24/7 to be available to recieve your stuffs..

Otherwise - they are at best a hassle to get what is often in my case a low value item.

I avoid sellers who do not state they use Austpost... but occasionally i forget - its usually ok - the times it has been a problem it seems the couriers first action is to inform the seller of the item that I am an out and out liar, that they have tried to contact me and i have been uncontactable. I imagine thats industry wide standard practice tho.

Message 3 of 55
Latest reply

@bigblockfxstb wrote:

So now I spend time looking for sellers who send to the PO BOX or I simply have to goto Hong Kong and wait extra week or two because the sellers here... well done.

Weird, 90% of the Australian sellers I buy from post to PO boxes and about 50% of the sellers in China / HK don't. 

That being said, sellers don't owe you the postage method you prefer. For absolute certain, a seller should consider the needs and preferences of their clientele, but they can't make every single decision in such a way that it accommodates every single buyer, therefore some of the decisions they make have to be about what's  the most suitable for them, and/or the majority. Sometimes that means a seller doesn't suit a specific buyer, and you know... that's actually ok. 

You may suggest sellers are stupid for using postage methods that don't suit you, but on the flip side, they've automatically filtered out a potential client who suggets they're stupid because they have made a business choice the client don't like, so they've got that going for them.

(For full disclosure, I'm an Australian buyer who has a PO box, and an Australian seller who posts to PO boxes - guess I can consider myself smart and / or rare? Smiley Surprised Smiley LOL ). 

Message 4 of 55
Latest reply

We agree with what you say about the letter boxes, even worse is when a large letter won't fit in the slot & it's left on top of the wall near the boxes.

As seller of items sent mostly as letters, we LOVE PO boxes.

A thought - some sellers may have accidentally selected the no PO box option when excluding overseas postage, as that option is at the end of the list & easy to tick if you're not concentrating.

As buyers living out of town, we have to be extra careful of courier delivery as they won't come out this far & the depots are at least 100km away.

Although you do seem to have got a few people offside with your comment about totally stupid sellers.
Message 5 of 55
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

@imastawka wrote:

https://auspost.com.au/receiving/alternative-delivery-addresses/use-a-247-parcel-locker

Just taking the opportunity for a little PSA...

Unlike PO boxes, Parcel locker / collect services are great for Australia Post parcels, but terrible for everything else.

95% of the delivery issues experienced over the last couple of months (as a seller) were all caused by people providing parcel locker addresses for small items. I still sent them, because in the past they made it to the buyer ok (they generally don't go in the locker, though, they get transferred to a PO for pick-up, and the buyer is notified they have an article awaiting collection). 

However, the amount of RTS mail I got over Christmas was more than I had the past two years (all resulted in INRs, because the package was still held for 10 business days before being RTS, and they took up to two weeks after that to make their way back to me. Better than not getting the originals back at all, I guess, but still means annoyed buyers and added expenses - all claimed they were never notified they had something awaiting collection). 

I've been at eBay for months to introduce the option to block parcel locker / collect addresses, but obviously won't be holding my breath. Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 55
Latest reply

I found the trick with Chinese sellers. I bought some stuff and the sellers checkout showed it couldn't send to my po box. But when the address was changed from "PO box xxx" to "post office box xxx" it worked.

But how did the OP manage to pay $150 a year for a box? Ours is only $80 or so.
Message 8 of 55
Latest reply

Mine is over $200. Thinking of getting rid of it 

Normal sized, normal customer 

Message 9 of 55
Latest reply

You must be special. My standard suburban one cost me about $130 last year and I expect it won't be less this year.

Message 10 of 55
Latest reply