Please stop offering Fastway Couriers as an Express service

smee90
Community Member

I beg all Ebay sellers to stop offering Fastway Couriers as an Express delivery service, because more often than not they are just as fast as Australia Post "Regular" postal delivery times.

I'm not attacking the company, just the fact that offering a service that is often more expensive, with less tracking, and far from Express is doing your customer a disservice and making the delivery process more painful than necessary.

Funkshun X = Why?
Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

It's eBay who list couriers in general as express delivery services, not sellers.
Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Further adding to this - 

twice i bought using Fastway couriers in Australia.

Both took over 2 weeks to arrive, both got held up because they realised they didnt have depot close enough half way through the transit. Both times I had to contact them for them to arrange re-delivery using AusPost. They were just going to wait until I contacted them!!! It was just sitting in their depot.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

There is a thread about the shortcomings of Fastway.....you should add your experience to it.

I can never understand sellers using them....they have obviously never had an item delivered by Fastway or they may think again before inflicting them on their customers.

They have a bad reputation in the industry too.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Just thought I'd also add the following...

Screenshot from the listing page when a seller goes to select the company they use for delivery - note which ones are listed automatically (and unchangeably) as "express", and also note the delivery timeframes, which would be factored into the ETA when you buy an item. Unlike all the rest, though, Fastway has 1 - 12 business days, and 12 business days is more than 2 weeks. No idea why ebay still consider this "express", but sellers wouldn't have any better alternatives if they are actually using Fastway. 

courier postage services.png

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Any of those couriers would be better than Fastway and if the seller uses StarTrack the buyer would be able to pickup from the PO if they could not be available to take delivery.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Perhaps surprisingly, I have never had an issue with deliveries via Fastway - not a lot of sellers I've bought from have used them but I've always received my order within the week, no issues (it might be my location, very metro Adelaide, and the fact that I'm home all day every day up until I head to the PO mid to late afternoon, of course).

I suspect Fastway do generate more complaints (as a percentage) of their deliveries, at least judging by the many complaints that crop up about them, but the only courier I have ever had major issues with is TNT, that might've just been the domestic B2B side of things, as the international deliveries have all arrived no issues, but after the shockers I had to start with, I still sometimes snort a little when I see their slogan "sure we can", where "we can" is underlined, cos to me the implication matches my earliest experiences with them: "Sure, we can, but don't feel like it today. Or tomorrow. Maybe next week?"). 

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

I have not had any recent issues with Fastway depite getting regular deliveries from a pharmaceutical company in Queensland.

I order over the weekend, the goods are dispatched on Monday and I get them in Sydney on Tuesday morning.   The major difference is that the Queensland company allows Safe Drop....the instructions are on the order and are transferred to the parcel.

I never see the driver these days.

Unfortunately the ebay sellers that I have dealt with who use Fastway will not allow Safe Drop.  If I have any inkling that Fastway will be used I just don't buy on ebay.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Yes they are absolutely useless..
Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

howzzat
Community Member
Fastway? Really? Isn’t slowway, that’s all I’ll say! My star rating is a black hole 🕳
Message 10 of 17
Latest reply