Poor delivery

I had a delivery from this carrier and it arrived absolutely soaked all the way through the package, which was a unopened collectable. I was not impressed at all as it was to be a birthday present.
If they are to continue then they need to take more care with people's purchases. I don't think they would be impressed if it was their own belongings treated with such disrespect.
Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Poor delivery

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

Poor delivery

Did it arrive soaked or was it left in the rain?

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

Poor delivery

boofie65, first of all, I must say that that's a horrible thing to happen to your purchase! I sympathise; I've received water-damaged items (not through an eBay seller), and it was particularly distressing as that particular order had taken months to arrive.

It's something for sellers to consider, I think - that it's just possible that the parcel will encounter some bad weather in transit. (That's especially true for items sent internationally.) It would surely make sense to use something waterproof to protect the item. Packaging the item - preparing it for delivery - is part of the seller's responsibility, and just as it's good to package items so as to protect them from being broken or torn, one would also like to see the items packaged so as to be protected from water damage.

When you say "carrier", do you mean that the item was delivered by courier rather than AP?

It is certainly sometimes the case that a carrier will be careless with the item being delivered. And then to attempt to negotiate compensation...!

Is the item very badly affected? Or can it be rescued?

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

Poor delivery

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

@boofie65 wrote:

If they are to continue then they need to take more care with people's purchases. I don't think they would be impressed if it was their own belongings treated with such disrespect.

Who are "they"?   The seller or the carrier who delivered the item?

Was the item damaged before it was delivered or was it left in the rain?

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

Poor delivery

And if it was a collectable item, why didn't the seller 'waterproof' it?

Can't all be blamed on the carrier.

edit:  a watered down version of Countess' post.    Never short ones are they?   lol

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

Poor delivery

imastawka, curse you, you've diagnosed my condition already.

Verborum ferrent legentes. (I hide my face in shame.)

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

Poor delivery

Too Latin Did Not Read
Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

Poor delivery

(PM sent.)

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

Poor delivery

@countessalmirena wrote:

imastawka, curse you, you've diagnosed my condition already.

Verborum ferrent legentes. (I hide my face in shame.)

Vaccuumed ferret legs.  Dont quite follow.

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply