Postal system from China has gone to pot

aps1080
Community Member

This free postage that ebay likes, in the past - a year or two ago - if I purcahsed something, I had it really quickly.

Now, yes, free postage but in the last 2 weeks, I have had to ask for refunds from 3 sellers because items hadn't turned up.

And since getting the refunds 2 days ago, 2 of the items have turned up, nearly double the expected delivery time - going by the chart the seller provides.

Yes, I wanted the items faster but I wasn't chamoing at the bit because they were very low $ value and I only asked for a refund based on people on here telling me that don't let it go past 43 days.

Anyway, I have messaged the sellers and told them I am sending the money back to them !

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Postal system from China has gone to pot

cq_tech
Community Member
The last freepost item I bought from China took only 7 days to arrive!

I was so surprised that I even mentioned it in my feedback to the seller.
Message 2 of 37
Latest reply

I wish. It was due between 12th and 22nd October !!!

Anyway, they just replied so are happy that they are getting their money back. The funny thing is, after they refunded, they opened a cancelled transaction and it was only closed off yesterday !!! LOL

Oh well.

Message 3 of 37
Latest reply

@aps1080 wrote:

This free postage that ebay likes, in the past - a year or two ago - if I purcahsed something, I had it really quickly.

Now, yes, free postage but in the last 2 weeks, I have had to ask for refunds from 3 sellers because items hadn't turned up.

And since getting the refunds 2 days ago, 2 of the items have turned up, nearly double the expected delivery time - going by the chart the seller provides.

Yes, I wanted the items faster but I wasn't chamoing at the bit because they were very low $ value and I only asked for a refund based on people on here telling me that don't let it go past 43 days.

Anyway, I have messaged the sellers and told them I am sending the money back to them !

Seller provides no ETA for items, this is eBays estimate, and it is a complete joke.

Post can take as little as 1 day state to state or 10 days state to state, but good on you for being honest and repaying the seller.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 4 of 37
Latest reply

@2106greencat wrote:

@aps1080 wrote:

Seller provides no ETA for items, this is eBays estimate, and it is a complete joke.

Post can take as little as 1 day state to state or 10 days state to state, but good on you for being honest and repaying the seller.

Some sellers have a chart in the listing with estimated postage arrival times for various contries.

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 5 of 37
Latest reply

Perhaps interestingly, every item I have bought via eBay in the last two months that shipped from China (with the exception of a couple of items) has been taking an unsually long time, even for this time of year.

Sometimes prices are cheaper here, sometimes cheaper on the seller's own website, but every time I buy from the websites, I have the items very quickly. 

I'm starting to think many of these sellers have de-prioritised eBay purchases. 

Message 6 of 37
Latest reply

Interesting view point.

I still have to check the ship dates on the 2 items that arrived in the last 2 days.

Message 7 of 37
Latest reply

I'm finding my mineral specimens are taking a bit longer than normal from China. My sellers always offer a faster shipping method, but I am happy to wait for the slower one as they are only for my own collection, not to sell or give as gifts. 

Most of the time I get them in 2 - 3 weeks with the slower method, but some are taking 5 - 6 weeks at the moment. They get here eventually. One order has taken a lot longer than normal and if they aren't here by the end of next week, the seller said she would refund (which I know she will even though the 45 days has passed).

I am a repeat buyer for most of my Chinese sellers and they know that if the items do arrive, I'll send the money back to them, so they have no issues refunding me at the time. They like their 100% feedback score and 5 star DSR's, so don't risk it by going silent, even after 45 days.

Message 8 of 37
Latest reply

I have been buying from sellers from China for about 3 years and havent had one problem whatsoever.
Message 9 of 37
Latest reply

Going by your past history, China must be the only country in the world where you haven't had any issues.
Message 10 of 37
Latest reply