Purchased from (and item sent) from Australia return address oberseas

Requested “Australian only” in my search and Purchased two items (at the same time) from a user who had a description “items NSW Australia”. The price wasn’t extraordinarily cheap. Purchased two pairs of board shirts based on the size chart. Too small and defective. Issued request for refund they want to me to send it to UK and I pay for the post. (A) I’m offended that I have to pay for the post when it’s their incorrect advice and defect and (b) item was sent within Australia - why should I have to send it overseas to be refunded. Please help. I’m in an awful spot.
Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Purchased from (and item sent) from Australia return address oberseas

Thank you all so much.  I (stupidly) couldn't find the "Live chat" because it was after eight.  My husband did chuckle however when it dawned on me and I found the 8am-8pm notice.  I have talked to live help and they have instructed me that the seller cannot provide an overseas address and that I am to request an Australian return address.  If an Australian address within the next week then Ebay gets involved.  I feel a lot better knowing that.  THANK YOU GUYS AGAIN!

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You should have opened a dispute for not as described....the seller would have been responsible for the return postage.

If the item was described as in Australia and was delivered within Australia you could report it to ebay if you are asked to post it overseas.   Ebay may issue you with the return postage or tell you not to return it.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

How do I get ebay involved.  I am disputing with the seller  who ust wants to give me 30% refund and I can keep the item and "give it charity" x direct quote to save me postage.  My other item is sitting I "to be returned" and that's when I saw the return postage address was the Uk.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

@aneamanwill wrote:

How do I get ebay involved.  I am disputing with the seller  who ust wants to give me 30% refund and I can keep the item and "give it charity" x direct quote to save me postage.  My other item is sitting I "to be returned" and that's when I saw the return postage address was the Uk.

As Lyndal said, by opening a dispute.

If the item is not as described, the seller is liable for the postage, so their offer of a partial refund is an attempted con.

For future reference, ALWAYS check where the seller is registered. It's on the same page as their feedback details, which you should be checking as a matter of course.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

So there were two items on the purchase.  The second item was too small and I initiated "return for refund"  which was approved by ebay.  This is where I think I'm buggered.  I didn't realise the return address was overseas, but I don't know how to fix it.  It won't let me "resolve it" as I have already marked it to be returned.  What do I do.  

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Can't help with that, sorry.

I would never buy from an OS seller (regardless of claimed location) on eBay.

Depending on the options available to you, I would suggest contacting eBay through Live Chat and pointing out that the return address is not what the listing showed.

And that that would mean that the seller should front the postage before you are required to return.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

How do I do a live chat.  I looked for the "contact us" and couldn't see it,  and thank you guys for helping me with this.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

You will find live chat via the help tab, at top and bottom of ebay pages

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

go to HELP >>> choose "Live Chat"
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Thank you all so much.  I (stupidly) couldn't find the "Live chat" because it was after eight.  My husband did chuckle however when it dawned on me and I found the 8am-8pm notice.  I have talked to live help and they have instructed me that the seller cannot provide an overseas address and that I am to request an Australian return address.  If an Australian address within the next week then Ebay gets involved.  I feel a lot better knowing that.  THANK YOU GUYS AGAIN!

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply