Recently purchased item removed from my ebay purchase list, case is open

trebs36
Community Member

Hi, I purchased an item 12 January (371950926246) and have a 'request or case' open and waiting until the 25th when I can escalate it to a dispute. I as just going through my purchase list and noted the item was not there any more. I expect only ebay could remove it? but that seems strange because I have not escalated the issue to ebay yet. I have refused a refund and asked the seller to post me the item as listed - he has refused.

I know i should have done this before purchase but reading back through his enormous number of negative feedbacks he has often been accused of dodgy selling practices which is why I am sticking to my principles and hoping that ebay can see just how bad this guy is. He has been very unscrupulous in my dealings with him.

Cheers

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

That item number is still for sale, Kopes.

OP scroll down your purchase history, all the way down.

Maybe it's under Cancelled items?

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Sounds like eBay has removed the listing and possibly suspended their account.

Just escalate as soon as the case allows. 

If the seller is suspended or deregistered you will get a full refund.

image host
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

@trebs36 wrote:

Hi, I purchased an item 12 January (371950926246) and have a 'request or case' open and waiting until the 25th when I can escalate it to a dispute. I as just going through my purchase list and noted the item was not there any more. I expect only ebay could remove it? but that seems strange because I have not escalated the issue to ebay yet. I have refused a refund and asked the seller to post me the item as listed - he has refused.

I know i should have done this before purchase but reading back through his enormous number of negative feedbacks he has often been accused of dodgy selling practices which is why I am sticking to my principles and hoping that ebay can see just how bad this guy is. He has been very unscrupulous in my dealings with him.

Cheers

so, you have opened a case yet you still expect the seller to post the item?

Talk about putting the seller between a rock and a hard place!

If they post the item and you escalate the case on the 25th they could end up losing the funds due to eBay finding in your favour and refunding you.  The seller then has no item, no funds, and they are also out of pocket for the postage they’d paid to get the item to you.

Just based on what you have written, and not any feedback he has (which I have not viewed), I don’t think the seller is unscrupulous, just cautious . . . . . and who would blame them?

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

No not under cancelled items. Anyway thank you everyone for your replies and k1ooo-sir-sales you do not have the full story and have not read the lies and contradictions in his responses to me.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

@trebs36 wrote:

No not under cancelled items. Anyway thank you everyone for your replies and k1ooo-slr-sales you do not have the full story and have not read the lies and contradictions in his responses to me.

I can only work with the information you provide, which is what I did in formulating my post.

I wish you well.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Oh yes, didn't notice the item number in the OP.

(That reminds me I should have gone to OPSM)

That is a big seller and considering the number of trans, the number of negs is probably not unusual especially seeing many of the negs appear to be from noobs either pressing the wrong button or voicing their opinions.

I'm a little perplexed as to why a case was opened in the first place and so early.

image host
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

"I'm a little perplexed as to why a case was opened in the first place and so early."

Refresh my memory, someone. The item was purchased on 12th  How long do you have to wait after opening a dispute before you can escalate to a claim?

I may be wrong, but reading the OP(I know I should have done it before purchase)  it sounds to me as if the buyer purchased and  then panicked and opened a dispute after reading the seller's feedback. 

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply