Reporting seller for location misrepresentation & seller protection for parcels left on doortep

Bought an item supposedly located in Melbourne; I deliberately went through the whole list choosing one from the city I live in.  That was more than week ago, and the supposedly AP tracking still does not work.  When I tried to contact the seller there is heap of info, all in German and it talks about how long it will take to deliver from HK.  So i decided to report for " location misrepresentation ".  But the only option is Price gouging in the 1st field, and  Price gouging in the second field, and then there are 5 options in the last drop own menu:

General household Items

Hygiene items

Medical supplies

Sanitation items

Others

Honestly,  this is just giving the scammers free hand.  I also bought a new $50 bed for my dog, supposedly coming from the US; it came from China.  Instead of thickly padded good quality bed it was thin and cheap and nasty, the bottom part is hardly 1" thick, and my dog would not use it.  The cats sometimes sit in it, when the dog takes their bed.   PP said I have to send it back, but the return address they gave me was in the USA and the cost would have been $70 to post. 

IMG_0620.JPG

As far as I am concerned there is no longer buyer protection.  Wonder if we still have seller protection?  I just posted my last $600 item; I am not going to sell anymore.  Normally, I used to always buy insurance for the whole value, but if AP leaves it on doorstep, takes photo, and it gets taken, I doubt the insurance will pay out.  Where will that leave me?  Will seller protection protect me?

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Reporting seller for location misrepresentation & seller protection for parcels left on doortep

Listing practises - Other listing practises - Item location misrepresentation.

image host
Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

Not on the listing I am trying to report

gouging.JPG

Price gouging is the ONLY option in the "report catagory" and in the also in the next drop down menu = reason:.

reason.JPG

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

What's the item number ?

image host
Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

@*kazumi* wrote:

As far as I am concerned there is no longer buyer protection.  Wonder if we still have seller protection?  I just posted my last $600 item; I am not going to sell anymore.  Normally, I used to always buy insurance for the whole value, but if AP leaves it on doorstep, takes photo, and it gets taken, I doubt the insurance will pay out.  Where will that leave me?  Will seller protection protect me?

At present AP will only safe drop ALL parcels unless they have signature and insurance.

In that case they ring the doorbel and hand the parcel to the householder and sign the scanner on their behalf.

At no stage do they allow the receiver to touch the scanner.

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

Item no: 362429189813
Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

You realise that's a kid's size, right?

Seller is registered in China, est del is 3 - 5 days.

There's no feedback to say they post from China, not Australia.

They must have run out of stock IMO

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

At present AP will only safe drop ALL parcels unless they have signature and insurance.

In that case they ring the doorbel and hand the parcel to the householder and sign the scanner on their behalf.

At no stage do they allow the receiver to touch the scanner.

What do they do if it requires signature and nobody is at home?

Here they just leave everything on my doorstep and take a photo, which is fine as our street is very quiet and I am here now 24/7; they do not even ring the doorbell.  But  my house is built close to the street; anybody walking past can see it and it would be easy to pick up.  What then?  They di not get it, the AP has picture showing it delivered.  Will eBay support he seller wih the protection?

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

You realise that's a kid's size, right?

Yes.
The band is 26cm

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

I can't see that as being a kid's size.

I don't think they changed the blurb from the adult description.

But maybe you're right.

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply