Royal mail tracking number - no progress after 4 weeks...

I bought a ring (not very valuable) from the UK 4 weeks ago, and the seller posted it a couple of days later with a tracking number.

Usually I find packages from the UK arrive in 2-3 weeks via airmail, but when I enter the tracking number for this particular item, I have been getting the following message:

Your item, posted on 22/05/13 with reference RU*********GB has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in AUSTRALIA.

Nothing has changed in 4 weeks, and I'm beginning to wonder why it's taking so long. Should I be concerned? It seems to be a legitimate number as it shows up as being on the way when entered into the Royal Mail website, but there is no evidence of it having arrive in Australia at all, just that it was posted.

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Why do old threads not get archived after a year? In the eBay universe (much like computers) the info is out of date after a few months.

Couldn't anything a year old and older be archived to read only.
Message 21 of 32
Latest reply

I am beginning to think it is some new hobby that I hadnt heard about wish it would go away!!

Message 22 of 32
Latest reply

The regular responders have been asking for years to have old threads locked.  They are still available to read but cannot be added to.

As usual, the requests fall on deaf ears.

It really is a waste of time to be reading a thread and find it is up to 5 years old.   In ebayland, 5 months is a lifetime let alone 5 years.

For some reason there seems to be more old threads surfacing at the moment than there was in the past.

Message 23 of 32
Latest reply

Although this is a very old thread i thought I'd share my thoughts and latest experience with Royal mail, I've had 5 articles go missing in the past month + and it is very frustrating having to contact ebay over and over again, I've never had any lost mail from the US so high praise to them but as for Royal mail they're just hopeless and only good for losing your articles, I'm at the point of not buying anything from the UK as they're mail system is unreliable and I've got better things to do with my time than to chase up refunds and make claims and disputes..kinda ironic isn't it that the country that invented the first postage stamp in 1840 and the mail system as we know it could be pretty much the worse postage system in the world.
Message 24 of 32
Latest reply

Sorry but I have to disagree with you....as far as I am concerned Royal Mail is very good and much more reasoably priced than USPS.

Even the GSP service is quicker and cheaper than the service from the USA.

Message 25 of 32
Latest reply

I've also found Royal Mail to be well priced and reliable.  So much so that I wish UK sellers didn't insist on more expensive options (signature req etc) for inexpensive purchases.  Haven't tried UK GSP but I have noticed it is cheaper than US version.

Message 26 of 32
Latest reply

Then why keep these old forum's alive?
Pull em down if it's such a hassle to reply to comments years on 😧
Message 27 of 32
Latest reply

Try reading my post number 23 on this thread.....it explains why answering on old threads is not a great idea.

Message 28 of 32
Latest reply

@lyndal1838wrote:

The regular responders have been asking for years to have old threads locked.  They are still available to read but cannot be added to.

As usual, the requests fall on deaf ears.

It really is a waste of time to be reading a thread and find it is up to 5 years old.   In ebayland, 5 months is a lifetime let alone 5 years.

For some reason there seems to be more old threads surfacing at the moment than there was in the past.

People playing with new toys?

Or Marching.

Message 29 of 32
Latest reply

Yes indeed hence my point that these posts are now irrelevant unless stored in a server for future analysis.
People are still able to post comments on these old threads which seems pointless but i think it's a sign people are reaching out for answers.
As we know time has passed and it's pointless or is it?
So i believe these posts are just clogging the net and should be removed, but i assume the internet God's won't allow it, and if that's the case then they should at least disable posts and be reference only.
P.s The sidekick doesn't say much constructive and yes it is March 😁
Message 30 of 32
Latest reply