SCAMMERS

Is there some way that Ebay can regulate or at least check products being sold on here, or can SCAMMERS do whatever they like on here and sell FAKE products at will?
I've seen dozens of "10Pcs Magic Rare Female Ginseng Health Fruit Eggplant Pepino Seed Tree Plant FT" being sold with obvious photoshop'ed images of their supposed product.
These images are misleading and suggest that the buy will grow a fruit resembling "a beautiful woman" which is simply FALSE. 
The seeds are likely Eggplant or Papino seeds being sold under the guise of being a 'rare ginseng'!

I guess people can sell whatever they want on here and get away with breaking LAWS and remain unregulated through this marketing platform!
If I personally continue to see these types of sellers, I'll simply stop using EBAY because as it stands...
YOU CANNOT TRUST ANY SELLER!!

Image has been included in this post.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

SCAMMERS

So apparently this listing means all listings on ebay are fake!!! Reds under the bed, dont trust anyone, especially on ebay.

Well Guess What.   Apparently AMAZON has a vetting process  to gaurantee the legitimacy of their listings  and lo an behold

this same plant is for sale on AMAZON.  Not  only that it is also listed on gooogle under numerous references including wierd

asian news.  The plant is also apparently part of Thai religous legend etc.   Dont know how realistic the fruit is compared to the pictures, but Hey if your that fussed  you can always hang a couple of Barbie dolls of it.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

SCAMMERS

See ya.

The sellers are almost certainly Chinese. eBay Australia cannot do anything about foreign sellers, only the home branch can, and that is extremely unlikely.

The shot you have shown is so amateur that anybody buying the product (which is food, so why would appearance matter?) is a mug.

Like rainbow rose seeds - they don't exist and roses don't have seeds, but that doesn't stop mugs buying them.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

SCAMMERS

The listing states:

Style: Editable fruit

Perhaps they meant the photo?!

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

SCAMMERS

Ginseng is also a root.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

SCAMMERS

Although I hate seeing all the fake seed listings, sometimes people have to do their own research and use some common sense when presented with plants that are obviously fake. people have been complaining about the fake seeds for years and Ebay refuse to do anything about it, even with Aussie sellers.

Oh, and Dave, roses certainly do produce seeds.

Latest reply

SCAMMERS

@bra-hunte wrote:

Is there some way that Ebay can regulate or at least check products being sold on here, or can SCAMMERS do whatever they like on here and sell FAKE products at will?
I've seen dozens of "10Pcs Magic Rare Female Ginseng Health Fruit Eggplant Pepino Seed Tree Plant FT" being sold with obvious photoshop'ed images of their supposed product.
These images are misleading and suggest that the buy will grow a fruit resembling "a beautiful woman" which is simply FALSE. 
The seeds are likely Eggplant or Papino seeds being sold under the guise of being a 'rare ginseng'!

I guess people can sell whatever they want on here and get away with breaking LAWS and remain unregulated through this marketing platform!
If I personally continue to see these types of sellers, I'll simply stop using EBAY because as it stands...
YOU CANNOT TRUST ANY SELLER!!

Image has been included in this post.

Ebay doesn't do a great job of stopping all the fakes.

I think they do delete some accounts & do pull some ads but realistically, they can't check every ad or product.

I am a little surprised they can't seem to weed out more of the fake plant ads by having programs that could mark ads with words such as magic for further investigation. It seems to be able to pick up on anyone who dares put in an address or phone number or email in private messages so it could do more to pick up on the more popular scams.

It isn't only plants, it is in lots of products.

But we're never going to see a totally scamless ebay, as soon as they knock one seller out another one starts.

I haven't found ebay a bad place to buy. Quite the opposite really-lots of good products and some I have not been able to access elesewhere. But then again, I'm only after everyday products not magic.

It just means you have to be a bit careful before you buy, exercise a bit of judgement & you should be safe enough.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

SCAMMERS

So ALL sellers are scammers but you expect us to give you help and advice anyway?

And if you believe ALL sellers are scammers, why did you keep buying from scammers?

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

SCAMMERS

imastawka
Honored Contributor

You can grow your own.   Buy the mould - not everyone is a scammer

See #  122693124264

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

SCAMMERS

Aaaaaand I made square eggs for Christmas.

Grandies call them squeggs

Image result for square eggs
Message 10 of 15
Latest reply