Scam / Ebay let it happen and has affected at least 50 buyer already

Spoiler

I received a Fake Microphone from this <removed> seller. in December 2017. I reported it to eBay after noticing a few other buyers had also received fakes. eBay failed to do anything about it. I recently checked back on this seller February 2018 to see if he was still selling fakes. I discovered he now has around 50 consecutive negative feedbacks meaning that he has scammed 50 more since me. Had eBay done anything about this when I reported it, these people would have been saved pain and inconvenience.

This exposes a massive issue in eBay's security and investigation sections. I can't believe eBay will let a seller like this trade. What is being done about this?

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

@lm-entertainmentwrote:

what a world we live in when so many people can't even select the correct feedback to leave. the amount of negative comments on positive feedback is astounding! 

I can't see who the seller is so can't check the timelines of anything, but if they are a TRS then they are a Power Seller, which means if buyers are attempting to leave a neg before a full 7 days since purchase, they are prevented from leaving anything other than positive. It's not too uncommon for buyers in that situation to think the comment is more important than the colour, or not realise that if they wait a bit, they can leave a neg. 

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

@lm-entertainment

I can't see who the seller is so can't check the timelines of anything

The OP's FB will cast a light on that Digi.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

And yet the OP didn't leave any fb for them?

Sorry, should have gone to specsavers

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

@padi*0409wrote:

The OP's FB will cast a light on that Digi.

Ah, of course. 😄

Looks like they sold items as recently as 3rd February, so it's possible there were still buyers who didn't wait for the 7 days. If the listings weren't private, you can match IDs from the feedback to IDs in the sales history and see when they purchased compared to when they left FB, but since they are you can't see the (disguised but identical) ID's in the sales history. 

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

@imastawkawrote:

Here ya go Stawks....................sleuther.gif...........................true.gif.

G'day Digi.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

@padi*0409wrote:

@imastawkawrote:

Here ya go Stawks....................sleuther.gif...........................true.gif.

G'day Digi.

smiley-reading-glasses.gif  Thanks Padi

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

@aaronstringmanwrote:

I noticed that also. Or he has done a runner with everyone's money because eBay failed to act.

Most likely,(if he could get the money from his PP account),stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Over $50,000 could be hard to get in one lump sum but they would've been taken it out as it went in.

The weird part is two of the listings were removed,(two lots of headphones that finished on the 11th of Jan).

So if eBay removed them then they knew there was something dodgy going on and they should've kept an

eye on them.

The phones didn't start selling until the 21st of Jan and the account should've been flagged then at the

latest,Angry head bang.gif

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

I feel so warm n fuzzy, protected and secure here.

I'm developing a very strong distaste for everything eBay.

I wonder why the media isn't into some of this stuff? 

A good investigative reporter would have a best selling book to write just on the content of the forums alone.

Melina

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply