Seller being very inflexible, refusing to send item at my expense.

Bought an item pick up only which I did not realise. Accepting my mistake and contacted seller to give me his address for me to send him a prepaid satchel. He just refused to send it to me and says pick up only. Item is 1500kms from my place.

Message 1 of 57
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sadly, this is yet another case of buyers not reading the information in front of them. 

Since this is a pickup item, I can only assume that it is not paid for as the buyer indicates "cash only"? Or was there a way to pay for it at checkout?

Seller is absolutely under no obligation to change anything to suit you since you're the one who didn't read the description. However, if it is not paid for, you can politely write to the buyer, apologise for your error and say that you will not be paying for it. Request that the seller cancel the transaction so that they can relist it.

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 57
Latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

What's the item number?

Maybe it's too fragile?

Message 2 of 57
Latest reply

Item number:185710999538

Item is a solid state drive, it's not fragile and it is in its packaging, will be fine in a satchel and I can include some bubble wrap. Seller just refuse to do postage and after 4 emails, still don't have his complete address. Just the town.

Message 3 of 57
Latest reply

oh dear, it appears to be a very new seller.....possibly hypervigilant??

They probably don't know how to cancel transaction either.....and maybe 'afraid' of buyer trying to change the rules....don't know....let's see what happens

Message 4 of 57
Latest reply

How could you fail to notice pick up only?

It clearly states that on the listing.

The seller is under no obligation to ship the item if they don't wish to do so.

Message 5 of 57
Latest reply

Yes he has zero feedback.

Message 6 of 57
Latest reply

I love buyers like this - puts a whole new spin on reading. lol

Message 7 of 57
Latest reply

It says pick up only and the location

It was'nt 'a mistake'

A mistake, you would have contacted the seller and  apologised and asked them to cancel

Not demand the post it to you

Then come on a member forum and accuse them of being 'very inflexible'

Then send the four emails insisting they send it

And waste their time and money to go along with it, as you have likely cost them a genuine sale

Would you treat an experience seller the same way you are hounding a brand new seller?

Welcome to many party lists I imagine

The seller is not in the wrong, you are

Message 8 of 57
Latest reply

Why would they post it - they don't have to.

And what happens if it gets damaged in transit?

You'll open a case for item not as described I s'pose?

Tell them to cancel quoting 'problem with buyer's address'   -   which is true.

Message 9 of 57
Latest reply

Seller might be housebound at present; not able or not willing to bring satchel to post office.

Post office might be about half an hour away or more.

Seller might be worried about tracking and proof of delivery (although I realise tracking is included).

Seller might feel itโ€™s too risky to send through post, especially if past experience includes damaged items.

Seller may be concerned about not having the pick-up code to prove pickup.

Seller may note protection difference in MBG for pickup items.

Seller isnโ€™t being offered any compensation for time and expense of carefully packaging and delivering to PO.

Seller may not want to give you his/her address. (Pickup may have been going to be from a neutral place.)

Seller may understandably be wary about dealing with buyer who ignored the terms of the sale.

Seller is a new seller who may be trying to build up their selling profile without having to deal with held funds for weeks, and thus have listed pickup only with cash on pickup preferredโ€ฆ with the plan of listing with postage once they know their funds will be released without that delay.

Seller is new and inexperienced, thus hyper-vigilant as already suggested, and trying to work out if you are planning some sort of scam. 

Take your pick.

Bottom line, OP, is that you are demanding something not in the listing. Seller has every right to refuse. Asserting that the seller is inflexible because they wonโ€™t do what you want when the listing clearly states pickup only is trying to flip blame onto the seller when it is your problem, your issue, not theirs. You could certainly ask the seller if they would agree to listing the item to you in prepaid satchelโ€ฆ but four emails about it indicates that they refused and you kept on badgering them.

If you canโ€™t pick up the item, I suggest you apologise to the seller and request that they cancel the sale with the reason โ€œproblem with buyerโ€™s addressโ€.

Message 10 of 57
Latest reply