Seller cancelled my bids

I have recently been bidding with a new to me seller but they have a lot of sales.
I won 3 auctions after I was advised of bid changes (so I became high bidder where I had been outbid).

I received the items and have bid on more of their items but have never won another auction. On three occasions I have been emailed (a bulk of) bid cancellation emails. Saying check bid history to find out the reason.
But I have been removed from bid history so there is no reason to see.

I have been cancelled from the same auction twice.
Normally I don’t see the email until the auction is finished.
On that occasion I saw the emails 30 min before the end of the auction and rebid on the 3 items.

I was cancelled from one of them a second time before the end of the auction.

This is over 20 items I have been cancelled from.

From my reading of the rules bid cancellation should be a the bidders request to the seller.

What is going on.

On a different seller I now have 5 notifications of bid changes where I am now the high bidder.

Thank you
Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Seller cancelled my bids

Maybe eBay rather than the seller cancelled your bids because of buying limits?

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/buying-limits-restrictions/buying-limits-restrictions?id=4012

(last reason: you're the highest bidder on a number of auctions, but haven't paid for any items yet)

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Seller cancelled my bids

Thank you Mariq7. I have not received anything from eBay about buying limits.

The email says:

eBay Bid Cancellation Notice - Item

Dear eBay Community Member,
The bid that you entered for the item (302676806697) has been cancelled. You can view the reason provided for the cancellation by selecting the (bid history) link from the individual item page.

Please be cautious if you are contacted about purchasing this item after the bid has been cancelled and as always avoid paying for your eBay item using instant wire transfer services through Western Union or MoneyGram as these payment methods are unsafe when paying someone you do not know.

Regards,
eBay

But I cannot find a reason when I follow the link as I have been removed from the bidding history.

I have a good standing and am a prompt payer. It may have taken me 5 days in the old days of bank deposit but now I pay within 24 definitely no longer than 48 hours of the auction end (unless there is an agreement to wait and see how other pending auctions pan out).
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Seller cancelled my bids

Click on the bid history and scroll down.

Your cancellation is there at the bottom.  I can't see a reason, but maybe on your page it shows?

4***e(508)
Cancelled:
US $2.26
Bid:
27 Mar 2018 at 8:50:09 AEDST
Cancelled:
27 Mar 2018 at 14:08:33 AEDST
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Seller cancelled my bids

EBay has a live chat (and other forms to contact them as well). I would contact them if I were you if you want to be sure.

If you pay within 24 to 48 hours of the auction's end, as you say, of course it shouldn't be a problem per se, but if you have won many new auctions and not paid the old ones yet, even if individually it would be fine to pay within 24-48 hours, they might want you to pay the old ones before you win more auctions.

The waiting time for the live chat is usually very short, so I hope they will be able to help you more.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Seller cancelled my bids

I think sometimes sellers put restrictions when you win too many auctions with them in a short time. As you didn't have a problem with another seller, this is also a possibility.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Seller cancelled my bids

I actually think the seller cancelled because it's an overseas purchase.

Indian seller....and the end price was AU 14c - free postage.

I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep over 14c

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Seller cancelled my bids

That's possible too.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Seller cancelled my bids

Any purchaser will be overseas.

I wouldn’t mind winning an auction for 14c but all my cancelled bids were higher.
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply