Seller hassling me to change feedback

I recently purchase a coat that was supposed to be Size 18-20(AUST) wool blend. I got the coat no problem but the size was 14 and it has no wool I am sure. I used to work in textiles and I'm 100% sure it's not wool.

I gave a neutral feedback but wrote about the wrong size. Much of the neg & neutral feedback complaints are about size and quality. The seller wants to refund me $5.00 to change the feedback. They have now contacted me 4 times about it.

Message 1 of 58
Latest reply
57 REPLIES 57

Re: Seller hassling me to change feedback

"Good Grief, they didn't take the OP's first born child - Grow Up"

PS: Its nice to see again as I so often have said that the regulars cant help but attack any new member who has something to say that they (generally incorrectly) disagree with. If you would like to disagree with me however I suggest you go to law school as I have done first!

Message 21 of 58
Latest reply

No seller is allowed to try to bribe a buyer.

I thought I'd read that ebay encourage sellers to offer an incentive, like a partial discount, when asking a buyer to revise feedback.

The hassling is inappropriate if you have already said no, and due to the fact that the jacket is too small, the $5 refund is inadequate (unless the listing had measurements?). But I dont personally see a problem with a seller offering a full or partial refund dependant on what the initial problem was.

Yes they do Punch. If it were me though, I would leave the neut. Can't actually believe the seller is that concerned, it blends in so well with all the others, IMO pity it wasn't red

Message 22 of 58
Latest reply

Yes they do Punch. If it were me though, I would leave the neut. Can't actually believe the seller is that concerned, it blends in so well with all the others, IMO pity it wasn't red

Didn't check the fb, that is a lot of colours, how pretty 😉

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 23 of 58
Latest reply

Definition - blackmail is a crime involving unjustified threats to make a gain or cause loss to another unless a demand is met.

Negotiating fair compensation for item SNAD that came from O/S and /or would be too expensive to post back, has absolutely nothing to do with blackmail.  The OP is not making any threats.  In any case threats have to be unjustified, people are perfectly within their rights to say:  If you do not provide the item/service I paid for I will take an action (leave NEG, open PP case, report you to police etc.)  That is NOT blackmail or extortion. 

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 24 of 58
Latest reply

Of course it isn't Nova,

Llet's face it, they are pretty poor blackmailers if they are only asking $5.00 :^O

Message 25 of 58
Latest reply

Its a fine line. It is all in the wording at times. But by all means keep arguing. Im sure you have studied law and spent many years in litigation to be able to give such wonderfully accurate legal advice. Afterall. What would I know? Ive only run thousands of successful court actions, sat through hundreds of hours of Royal Commissions and instructed Q.C.s' in dozens of successful multi-million dollar proceedings.

Anyway. Im tired of arguing with "people" on these forums who always beleive they know it all and do not. So Ill sign out and leave all you serious buyers and sellers to the mercy of those who are so much more capable and knowledgable than myself. I do not tolerate fools well.

Message 26 of 58
Latest reply

I do not tolerate fools well.

Find it difficult to live with yourself?   

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 27 of 58
Latest reply

don't slam the door on your way out

Signatures suck.
Message 28 of 58
Latest reply

Find it difficult to live with yourself?   

:^O

Ii have 'it' on ignore, no idea what 'it' is blathering on about, but GO NOVA

Message 29 of 58
Latest reply

anyway, ive sucessfully negotiated partial refunds with a couple of sellers for purchases i wasnt happy with coz the OS return shipping wasnt viable and left feedback accordingly - a positive with comments to match.

its all to do with good communication and a level head & perfectly within the rulez which ebay encourage, as long as both partys are happy in the end 

Signatures suck.
Message 30 of 58
Latest reply