Seller out of office

Hi.

I keep getting this message EVERYTIME I send a message to a seller: 

Hi gabtronic_90,

popsngifts is out of the office until 03/22/2018 and may not be able to respond to your message.

Message from popsngifts:
Hi

Sorry we have had to take leave for unforseen circumstances and will be returning by the 22.03.18

They've done this TWICE to me and I wanted to cancel my order!

Anyone know what's going on? 
Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Seller out of office

At least you know they are away because they let you know with the automatic reply they set up.

It would have been worse if they hadn't set up an automatic reply and you just had no idea why they don't answer.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

Seller out of office

I didn't know that about automated messages.  I wasn't sure whether they'd changed their handling time or not because the ETA was the 27th for me, from memory (in country Vic).  I have no idea what it'd normally show.

If I got an away message like that I'd cut them some slack too.  It's not like they're going to post the item if they're away and it hasn't already been sent.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Seller out of office

I do not have a shop but I have an option to set up an auto reply

To be fair, I do not think sellers should be expected to end or revise all their listings if they have a genuine emerency to deal with

All we know at the moment is we have the OP demanding to cancel for an unknown reason and neaut feedback left in a tanty

At least this seller had the manners to set up the auto reply

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Seller out of office

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply