Seller says posted. But still showing as waiting to be posted when I check

I purchased an item, paid for by PAYPAL on the 28th of May. The Seller stated it was posted on the 29th giving me a tracking number. However, on the Australia Post tracking it is still showing (02.06.23) 

Ready for processing

It's either waiting to be picked up from the sender or ready for sorting at our facility.

I contacted the Seller who stated they had forwarded again on the 29th May. I checked the listing today (2nd June) and the item is now showing as 

Awaiting postage
Order date:28 May, 2023
I have contacted the Seller but can't contact EBAY to intervene until the 12th of this month. 
Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
22 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

A few things to be aware of.

1. As soon as the seller generates a shipping label, eBay mark the item as sent.

2. If the seller doesn't hand the item over the counter at the PO and just posts in the red box, there will be no tracking events until it is scanned at the next distribution centre.

3. Go to AP's tracking site to get up to date information - eBay is typically 2 or 3 days behind.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

Hi,

I have done that. I always add tracking to my Australia Post tracking. That is where it is showing as 

Ready for processing

It's either waiting to be picked up from the sender or ready for sorting at our facility.

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

What - you want it yesterday., lol

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

As you have stated, you can't do anything until the 12th.

Nobody here can do anything, even then. We are members, similar to you.

Don't sweat the small stuff, which is things out of your control.

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

Just wait a few more days I am sure the item will be on its way to you. I’ve had messages about tracking similar to the one you got. It’s very annoying I know and it’s hard being patient.

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

I have on occasion had items show as "ready for processing" and the next update is " onboard for delivery"- no they were not posted from the same town!

It will update when there is a scan, but sometimes things don't get scanned every step of the way.

As long as it reaches you on time

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

Stop harassing the seller, it is still within the listed ETA.  Why are you harassing them?

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

I have not harassed the Seller.  All I have done is ask them to check from their end. This is not  the first time this has happened on EBAY with another Seller. The previous time it was lost by Australia Post. If I hadn't contacted the seller I would never of received a refund. 

Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

@chrisatclunes wrote:

I have not harassed the Seller.  All I have done is ask them to check from their end. This is not  the first time this has happened on EBAY with another Seller. The previous time it was lost by Australia Post. If I hadn't contacted the seller I would never of received a refund. 

only 3 days since the sale and you have already contacted them twice to me thats harassment,  if you don't have it by the 11th, then ask them nicely,  if you dont have it a few days later open a case.   Don't judge this seller on previous experience

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply

We will see wont we?

Message 11 of 25
Latest reply

I'm with Sugar on this one, the seller may well be disenchanted with you contacting them only 3 days after purchase, when the situation is out of their control.

Don't be surprised if they put you on their BBL (buyer block list)............

Message 12 of 25
Latest reply

I would.

I had one asking for a tracking number at midday last Tuesday. Item bought on Sunday, Monday was a Public Holiday, posted 9.45 on Tuesday. 45 minutes into my THREE days handling time.

I hope they enjoy their book and can find more from sellers other than me.

Message 13 of 25
Latest reply

Yes, you will. And that is the point of the replies to your post. Don't jump the gun. Wait until EDD has passed before you even consider harassing sellers.

Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

I had one asking for a tracking number at midday last Tuesday. Item bought on Sunday, Monday was a Public Holiday, posted 9.45 on Tuesday. 45 minutes into my THREE days handling time.

I hope they enjoy their book and can find more from sellers other than me.

It wasn't a public holiday everywhere so they may not have realised that.

I'm not saying you were slow to post, you were obviously very quick, but a buyer just asking if there is a tracking number isn't too bad as tracking numbers could be generated at home anyway.

I think for a lot of buyers, they are used to a level of service from most online sites that includes tracking numbers within a couple of days. Those tracking numbers are often just generated labels for a few days though, in my own experience.

I understand where you are coming from though, nervous buyers can put the wind up sellers, you wonder if they are going to be unreasonable on other fronts too.

chrisatclunes, you really don't have to worry about the tracking number. I know it is frustrating if it looks as if the seller hasn't actually posted the item.

All you have to worry about is the delivery date range. And that's in fact the seller's worry, not yours. If they don't get that parcel to you on time, you can open an ebay claim.

If it gets to you a bit late and you have evidence it wasn't actually posted for eg a week after the label was generated, you can give them a blast in feedback too.

Message 15 of 25
Latest reply

In reality most buyers have no idea how tracking works (or really doesnt work), and from the feedback OP has left for others that is definitely the situation.

Message 16 of 25
Latest reply

I would say tracking is very easy to understand as it clearly shows the different steps the item goes through. Some couriers are a bit harder with only a generated tracking number scan then straight to delivery the next day and nothing in between. I find Toll can be even worse with nothing till we have left your item in a safe place. 

Message 17 of 25
Latest reply

@eol-products wrote:

I would say tracking is very easy to understand as it clearly shows the different steps the item goes through. Some couriers are a bit harder with only a generated tracking number scan then straight to delivery the next day and nothing in between. I find Toll can be even worse with nothing till we have left your item in a safe place. 

Ah yes, but you missed an important part of my comments in brackets.  Assuming it all works as the buyer expects.  It can and will often miss one or more, or all of those steps.

I just checked some of my sales,  a good one shows between 8 and 10 steps (possibly more,  from info received, lodged, steps along the way and delivered.   A dodgy one will show initiated and maybe one or 2 steps, but maybe zero more steps,  but I know the buyer has received the item

You are assuming the Australia Post system is flawless,  I can assure you from working knowledge of the system, it is imperfect.  An item can sail through the system with just the final tracking event, and that could be missed if it's delivered by the Postie rather then the Parcel person with a scanner..

Message 18 of 25
Latest reply

Don't forget many parcels are delivered with no final scan and an investigation from Aust Post will conclude the item is lost and you are able to claim compensation. 

Message 19 of 25
Latest reply

@eol-products wrote:

Don't forget many parcels are delivered with no final scan and an investigation from Aust Post will conclude the item is lost and you are able to claim compensation. 

yes thats often the one delivered by the postie and not the parcel person, although the parcel person one can be missed as well.  It's an imperfect system,  which the seller and buyer relies on,  

Message 20 of 25
Latest reply

Besides contacting the seller twice

Trying to see if they could open a dispute well before the estimated delivery date

Posting here to question the seller's tracking

Ignoring the fact that was mentioned about EBAY are the ones who 'mark it as posted' when the seller generates a label

(none of this is considered harassing the seller)

BUT

I find it interesting that the OP regularly leaves feedback which is about the speed of the postal service included in the feedback for the seller  but then believes what the website tells them over what the seller has told them 

🤔

Message 21 of 25
Latest reply

You would simply be better off not buying online. 

Message 22 of 25
Latest reply

I bought a rare o/p CD from the UK on 28 April. Seller very kindly agreed to send by Royal Mail instead of GSP. Tracking number generated, but no event scanned. eBay estimated EDD 10th to 12th May (which I thought optimistic). I asked seller if perhaps the tracking number was incorrect… 

It wasn’t incorrect, and seller assumed item lost in post (although I was happy to wait, he refunded). As I said to seller, it could still turn up; Royal Mail had never lost a parcel for me yet.

Well, it did turn up just 4 days ago. (Repaid.)

To this moment, not a single tracking event.

But it arrived. I expended little worry on the lack of tracking information as I really did feel sure that the CD would get here. eBay’s estimated delivery range was wildly off. 

I mention this only to illustrate that getting upset or overly worried by tracking details is often an exercise in futility. Sometimes parcels are not scanned.

Message 23 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

A few things to be aware of.

1. As soon as the seller generates a shipping label, eBay mark the item as sent.

2. If the seller doesn't hand the item over the counter at the PO and just posts in the red box, there will be no tracking events until it is scanned at the next distribution centre.

3. Go to AP's tracking site to get up to date information - eBay is typically 2 or 3 days behind.

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

Hi,

I have done that. I always add tracking to my Australia Post tracking. That is where it is showing as 

Ready for processing

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

What - you want it yesterday., lol

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

As you have stated, you can't do anything until the 12th.

Nobody here can do anything, even then. We are members, similar to you.

Don't sweat the small stuff, which is things out of your control.

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

Just wait a few more days I am sure the item will be on its way to you. I’ve had messages about tracking similar to the one you got. It’s very annoying I know and it’s hard being patient.

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

I have on occasion had items show as "ready for processing" and the next update is " onboard for delivery"- no they were not posted from the same town!

It will update when there is a scan, but sometimes things don't get scanned every step of the way.

As long as it reaches you on time

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

Stop harassing the seller, it is still within the listed ETA.  Why are you harassing them?

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

@chrisatclunes wrote:

only 3 days since the sale and you have already contacted them twice to me thats harassment,  if you don't have it by the 11th, then ask them nicely,  if you dont have it a few days later open a case.   Don't judge this seller on previous experience

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply