Seller sold a broken item and is not refunding

mingcat
Community Member

I purchased a Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner that arrived in new visible condition but was electrically broken.  I reported this to the shop and they promised a replacement. The replacement did not arrive.  I reported this to them and they offered to look into it. Nothing hapenned.  I messaged them again and they asked did I want a return or refund.  I said refund but they placed it on return status then closed the return.  I questione them again and got another reply saying they would look into it.  It has not been close to three months since the arrival of the faulty unit and I have no satisfaction from the seller.  My only conclusion can be that the seller are not reputable - do not buy from them.  I have no idea how to deal with this from here.

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Seller sold a broken item and is not refunding

Sorry Kat, I was MIA but Kopes is correct "item not as descibed" dispute is the way to go.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

We all might be MIA tomorrow

Nice knowing y'all

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

Are you referring to this Stawks ?

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Community-Feedback/New-Community-Design-coming-soon/m-p/2400021#M54...

Can't be me in the poo, I've been really good (I think)  innocent.gif

Spoiler
If not the Norti Room is going to be pretty crowded.
Spoiler
                                                   250px-Dartagnan-musketeers.jpg

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

stawks might have seen the mod moderate all posts.

But that usually means the title was modded. (OP had sellers name in there)

All for one.................Smiley Happy

image host
Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

maybe we can all work from home as a CS staffer....or the chat time will be hours wait?
Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:
maybe we can all work from home as a CS staffer....or the chat time will be hours wait?

I do work from home but as a DBP

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

But, but, but Kopes, I've already stocked up the NR with copious amounts of Wagon Wheels, and popcorn and a monster game of Tiddly Winks for us...........

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

But, but, but Kopes, I've already stocked up the NR with copious amounts of Wagon Wheels, and popcorn and a monster game of Tiddly Winks for us...........

I can guarantee the WWs won't last. Although pretend whisky probably will.

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

@mingcat,

Remember to provide all requested information in the PayPal case, and as has already been said, do not close that case on a song and a promise! If you close the case, that's it; you will not be able to re-open it.

Receive the refund. Do not be fooled by "We can only issue the refund once you've closed the case" or words to that effect. You already know that the seller employs delaying tactics in order to avoid having to refund you... Get that refund as confirmed within the dispute itself - and don't click onto links to log in to PayPal. Always open a fresh browser window and type in the actual address.

@davewil, pretend whiskey...? Ugh. I once bought some non-alcoholic spirits (including non-alcoholic brandy and non-alcoholic amaretto). This was so that little nieces could join in with a typical Georgian period beverageusing the amaretto as a base for a sort of ratafia or orgeat - and I could make a non-alcoholic Georgian era punch with the non-alcoholic brandy. It was a terrible mistake and I will never ever sin in that way again. It was the most disgusting stuff... especially the amaretto.

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

Just for future reference.

Always open a case in ebay the moment an item is late (within reason) or broken if you want action from the seller. If late, then INR case, if defective/broken, INAD.

Only close it once all actions are complete and you are satisfied. 

The only times I contact the seller before or instead of opening a case is to let them know about a fault that I have fixed myself and do not remediation from the seller for. (often, they will offer a partial refund anyway in cases like that as a goodwill measure)  The parts I order off ebay are often vintage and have no easy replacements, so will always give it a good crack at repair if possible.

Sellers might get upset when you operate that way, but it ensures that you are adequately covered and get a suitable resolution to any problem.

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply