Selling broken garbage as working

btecau
Community Member

Hay i am starting to get a little sick of venders selling broken garbage as good working on ebay. the most recent purchase i have made (not the first time this has happened) I have purchased a 4 port 4gb fiber channel card. This was sold as working. the card that has been shipped is dead. no signs of life at all.

it was packaged poorly too. just wrapped in bubble wrap and paper no box or anything. card could easy be bent in postage.

This ends up wasting my time as a buyer because i purchase this card for a reason. i need this type of card. now i have to source it elsewhere.

Ebay is fast becoming a platform i don't want to interact on anymore because so far now in the last 3 months there has been some issue with the bulk majority of the purchases i have made. cases of sellers cancelling orders as "buyer requested to cancel order" down to products just simply not working at all such as this case.

this is very frustrating

Ebay needs to clean up this platform and remove sellers that are doing this.

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

In most cases - it is the buyer who keeps these sellers in business.

If it is the last FB you left for the seller with 97.1 - and only a few sales 318 or so - whose fault is this. ??

Message 2 of 33
Latest reply

The vendor had 100% positive feedback before my feedback pulled it down to 97%

Blaming the buyer continually for these issues are the reason why there is a systemic issue on this platform.

Message 4 of 33
Latest reply

your response wasnt a solution last time and its not a solution this time.

When humanity advances to the point where we can read peoples minds then you can blame the buyer. but when you purchase from someone who has 100% positive feedback 310 items is not a small number.

so basically in this one statement you are saying that feedback is irrelevant.

for the record the item that I am talking of in this thread is something that the seller said they would cancel the order then magically "found" the card. what turned up is faulty.

so please explain to me how as a buyer i could have foreseen this?

Message 5 of 33
Latest reply

Maybe look elsewhere then. Or buy from reputable sellers if the item is available.

Or, a thought, use marketplace. That is the bee's knees according to one non-seller here.

And if you continually have issues with your purchases, there is a fair chance you, or your choices,  are the issues

Message 6 of 33
Latest reply

Just out of interest whats the item number

Message 7 of 33
Latest reply

@sugar249 wrote:

Just out of interest whats the item number

Probably this one Sugar.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/164244084156?itmmeta=01HSG2V33J4NF5DJ914975MAFR&hash=item263db5d5bc:g:ba...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 33
Latest reply

Ebay has done a pretty good job of weeding out bad/scam sellers and for that matter also buyers.

Don't recall a Friday night special since MP kicked in, and complaints to the boards have decreased significantly.

Just to add, due to ebays security measures and seller protections, I can not even recall the last time I had a buyer make a false claim and/or send back a false item.

Message 9 of 33
Latest reply

so considering "my choices" have not changed over the 13 years i have been buying on  the ebay platform why are said buying choices suddenly causing issues if not the platform?

Please understand i am by no means the only person noticing this. so please stop gaslighting me that i am the cause here.

This really shows the issue with this platform really. its so easy to blame the buyer. sellers have **bleep**ed and moaned about buyer protections and ebay prioritizing buyer experience over seller experience. they back that down and now ebay becomes a cesspool of scams, consumer law violations and bad behavior.

what really needs to happen here is laws need to be tightened to allow law enforcement to crack down on ebay sales

Message 10 of 33
Latest reply