Serious FAIL in Best Match search for "Fortune Fish" :-O

Thought I would check to see if there has been anything done yet regarding the seller who seems to be missing.

Did a search for "Fortune Fish" and sure enough his listing is still live and tops the search out of 60 results in Best Match. Interesting that with a feedback score of 97% and getting close to 200 negs this seller's listing has not dropped in Best Match. 

You have to wonder what is going on ?:|

I am still worried about the seller.  Has anyone heard anything yet?

Message 1 of 86
Latest reply
85 REPLIES 85

I don't know anything, unfortunately. I can only add my concern  - I feel this shows an extreme lack of care to eBay members (buyers and sellers alike). 

Message 2 of 86
Latest reply

I searched the above seller, and yes it does seem strange and I too hope they are ok.

It does seem out of character for their sales history ;(

What i find  disturbing is that some of the negative feedback that has been left for them is downright offensive...rude..violent and threatening, not to just the seller but to anyone that reads it.
 One particular member has destroyed their rating with extremely threatening comments ;(

"Concerned"

There once was a man named Dwight....
Who could travel faster than light......
He went out one day.....in a relative way...and returned the previous night ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 3 of 86
Latest reply

There was another thread on this (deleted now) and some members that were involved in transactions with the seller, having their details I believe notified the police.

BTW sss, love the name.

image host
Message 4 of 86
Latest reply

Yes, I too have been following this, heartened only by forum members what have actively tried alert eBay or other relevant authorities to check up on the seller, including leaving feedback to temper the discontent (and horrible comments).

I assumed some outcome had been reached when the last thread disappeared.  Did anyone get their contact details through purchases and try to contact them?

Message 5 of 86
Latest reply

This particular case has really highlighted some serious flaws/issues with ebay.

First and foremost is the fact that many people have contacted ebay about this, yet the account is still active.

As mentioned above, items still show first in best match! (Really makes you wonder the way the already questionable BM is calculated).

Some of the feedback is vulgar, with some also threatening. I thought that sort of thing was auto detected and removed? Apparently not.

The way ebay is set-up, and paypal too for that matter, with everything automatically renewed, paid etc, and the way 'no response' is considered a reply - an account can run indefinitely without anyone actually being there.

I have now organised things so that a family member has my log-in details. Should something then 'happen' to me, my account can get closed down before things go south. Something I never even considered before this.

I think it is fair to say that most of us here are hoping that the Seller is okay, and left scratching our heads over ebay's (lack of) actions.

Message 6 of 86
Latest reply

nonny - I did but the address is incomplete and the phone number is a voip one which goes straight through to a message box.   All manner of searches by myself, and another seller who lives 15 minutes away from the suburb given in his contact details, have failed to locate any such person.  I believe the police were contacted but failed to act.  There's been talk the account has been hacked and ebay would have the correct details, yet they still fail to act.  Another seller contacted his account manager - still no action:-(  Ebay's failure to act is going to cost them a great deal of money, not to mention turning buyers away from the site - which has always been their top priority, i.e. to provide a good buying experience:|

Message 7 of 86
Latest reply

chuk_77
Community Member

I spoke to ebay the other day and was told, they would look when the seller is up for assessment or what ever it is called. Only then will they take action on the account

๐Ÿ˜

Message 8 of 86
Latest reply

Wow.  I can't think of anything else you (and the others) could have done - and I wish the seller and his family could somehow know what kindness and concern has been shown for him by ebay members like yourselves . . . .The same cannot be said for ebay itself though it seems.....I wish I could be a fly on the wall to see exactly what if they are doing (if anything) becauslooking making them look worse and worse ......

Message 9 of 86
Latest reply

Sorry meant to say 'because it is making them look worse and worse . . .'

Message 10 of 86
Latest reply