Serious FAIL in Best Match search for "Fortune Fish" :-O

Thought I would check to see if there has been anything done yet regarding the seller who seems to be missing.

Did a search for "Fortune Fish" and sure enough his listing is still live and tops the search out of 60 results in Best Match. Interesting that with a feedback score of 97% and getting close to 200 negs this seller's listing has not dropped in Best Match. 

You have to wonder what is going on ?:|

I am still worried about the seller.  Has anyone heard anything yet?

Message 1 of 86
Latest reply
85 REPLIES 85

chuk - that doesn't occur until 21st of the month I believe:|

Message 11 of 86
Latest reply

I find every aspect of this concerning.

I have reported seller and feedback both online and by phone.

and even read the  South Australian Newspapers about things that occurred from early to mid Jan.Has anyone done this who has a name ? 

Message 12 of 86
Latest reply

It's kind of like he is could be missing (hasn't been at work,can't be contacted)? though because his/her work is online the police haven't taken that aspect of it seriously .They should do a check on him.

Message 13 of 86
Latest reply

chuk_77
Community Member

iza the police are not overly interested, they believe the issue should be taken up with ebay

and yes, newspapers/white pages/face book/ general google searches all done

Message 14 of 86
Latest reply

Chuk, I agree with the Police that ebay should handle the business side of things.

As far as the possibility of him not being OK (not turning up at his regular place of work where he had previously and had a good history previously) that is something the police should look into.They would I would imagine if members of the public were concerned if he ran a b&m store and hadn't opened for weeks (couldn't be contacted) without explaination.

Message 15 of 86
Latest reply

and he has been threatened harm in his feedback.

Message 16 of 86
Latest reply

chuk_77
Community Member

we have no evidence he has come to harm

We have no address

we have knowledge of him at all

we are not friend or family

All the police see is someone ringing them saying look I dont know the guy, but he has fallen off the face of the earth.

They dont take notice of it. They do the cursory name and number, but thats it.

The police from his area are very caught up in the daily going ons of the area. Its a very very busy station

Message 17 of 86
Latest reply

no Chuk ,we don't know anything.Yes police are busy everywhere. Quite possibly they may even react the same if someone posted a suicide letter here...though the police are suppose be taking online stuff a bit more seriously in this day and age aren't they.

Sorry , I find this whole thing disappointing and upsetting from every angle

Message 18 of 86
Latest reply

chuk_77
Community Member

actually, no you are wrong there. That happened a few years ago. Police were informed and a welfare check done. Difference here is no one has an address. And no one knows if he has come to harm. For all we know he left his house in a hurry to care for someone, or someone close to him passed away and the last thing on his mind is ebay.

I'm not trying to brush things off, but this is how the police will look at it

Message 19 of 86
Latest reply

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Wish there was some news but nice to see so much care and effort from so many here.

Message 20 of 86
Latest reply