Totally Confused with Auction Wording

Hi all,

I am trying to make sense on the wording of an item from the UK that I was thinking about bidding on, but for the life of me I am at a loss as to what is included in this auction and what is not.

The auction title is edwardian sindy boxed and sindy bride boxed, item number 251274985164.

At first I assumed the auction included both the dolls as pictured, the auction title certainly leads one to believe this is so.

But I just checked this listing again and find the seller has added a note after bids had been placed which reads:-

please note that the reserve on the edwardian sindy is £100,and the brides reserve is £55,sold seperatley please only bid if you are aware these are "seperate" items.many thanks for bidding and good luck.

And this is where I am totally confused now.

They mention a reserve price, as far as I can tell there is no reserve on this auction.

They also say that these are seperate items, but the title says for both dolls.

If I bid and won this auction, which one would I win??  Not both by the looks of the sellers note that was added.

To win both dolls do I have to bid £155 at least?  But then again, they mention seperate auctions.  So the seller thinks this auction is for 1 doll only, but why give the auction the title with both dolls?

And what happens if the auction ends at lets say £50, what does the winning bidder get? Both dolls or no dolls???   I might bid £155 and only get one doll. Or I could bid £75, does that determine I only get the one with the reserve of £55?

Is this allowed to be listed on ebay this way???

Maybe someone out there can make sense of this auction and what is being auctioned and what is not and enlighten me.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Totally Confused with Auction Wording

phorum_junkie* - The item was ending in 24 hours and was a 7 day listing and had at least 10 bids on it, the seller changed the description after I had initially looked at it when first listed, and I only noticed the extra wording added by the seller a short time ago when I checked it again as it was nearing the top of my watch list. So there would not have been much time to change the listing even if they had taken your advice.

They did not have a reserve set on the price when listed, it was an auction only format.  Only their wording said they had reserves on the auction.

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

I would only report straight away if the item was ending soon and had bids.

Which is exactly why the suggestion to report it was made and why it was reported.

Good of you to let us know we were on the right track.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

I would only report straight away if the item was ending soon and had bids.

Which is exactly why the suggestion to report it was made and why it was reported.

Good of you to let us know we were on the right track.

I should make it clear that the post was for PJ.

(Oh well, at least she didn't mention Paypal.)

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply