Tracking shows no scans

Hi all, purchased an item from a NSW Central Coast Business on 29th August. They didn't supply a tracking number until I asked two days ago, when the item failed to show up. It is only going to NSW Central West. When I try and track it with the supplied number, it says ''no scans available'' for the item. I would have thought that it should show at least one scan when the item was lodged into the Aust Post system, as mine normally say ''information recieved'' at least.  Then in the next day os so, it will say ''in transit''. To me, this item has not being sent in the first place, or something is seriously wrong in the postal system. Has anyone had this happen where a tracking number never gets scaanned between lodgement and delivery? Any help would be good.

Message 1 of 42
Latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: Tracking shows no scans

Just an update on this one. Well, the parcel scans show it has been tracked to a delivery centre near Bathurst NSW, and that's where the trail stops. No delivery to my address, and no response from the seller to the Paypal case. Paypal has listed the 22nd, which would be  this weekend as the final day for a reply to their please explain. Looks like the seller is just sitting back thinking ''oh well. it's on it's way, it'll get there, then case closed. Not so fast I say, as it needs to be delivered to me before anything of the sort. Until I sign for the delivery, which I am not, due to the rediculous delay in sending the item out, if it does arrive, I will be requesting a return as I had to purchase elsewhere. From the supposed date sent of 29th Aug, to now, is a joke. Even from the 11th Sept, the day that it was actually posted, is also a joke.  It was so easy to come clean and admit their error, but oh no, just lie and fake it and all will turn out well. Not so.

Message 31 of 42
Latest reply

You are aware, are you not, that you'll be relying on an ex gratia payment from Paypal? Paypal seller protection only requires proof of postage, which the seller has.

Message 32 of 42
Latest reply

So, even though the seller told a  now proven lie about the date of sending, and the fact that I am out of pocket becauase of this, you are saying that the tracking, even though the item is still not delivered to me, will save this lying seller's bacon. Well, it has become a high risk to sell on Ebay, and by what you say, it is risky buying also. I have done nothing wrong. Ordered and paid for the item in good faith, going on the sellers statement that they had plenty of stock, and believed the seller when they emailed and stated the item had been posted, the same date as payment was made, when it clearly had not been. Now, the item is still outstanding, three weeks after paying for it,  and I'm supposed to be the loser here, if that ends up being the case, my Ebay acount is gone, gone. I read posts on here every day, even every few hours sometimes, regarding Chinese sellers lying about location etc etc, ok,that may be true, but easily detected before buying from them by simple searches. At least, if you buy from China, it will arrive, and usually in around the estimated time, in my experience, anyway. I have probably had less than half a dozen ''not arrive'' cases in the last 5 years or so, some lying Aussie sellers could learn from the off shore sellers.

Message 33 of 42
Latest reply

It isn't risky if you follow the correct procedures.

Like opening an INR in a timely manner. You can always repay the seller if the item arrives within your timeframe.

Or using the eBay MBG rather than Paypal. eBay's onus of proof is higher than Paypal's.

Honestly, you've been around long enough to know what the pitfalls are and how to avoid (or at least mitigate) them.

Message 34 of 42
Latest reply

Don't give up your ebay account. Most small, everyday purchases on ebay work out fine.

I know you've had a lousy experience here but the solution (unfortunately) is to lose some of that 'good faith'.

It's a business transaction, so if you pay for something promptly, you're entitled to have it posted within the handling period and you're entitled to expect it by the due arrival date.

Sometimes things do run a day or so over and it's fine to have a little bit of leeway, but that's it.

It can be hard, we like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but an expensive item, no tracking number, no sign of the item by the due date... spring into action, open an official claim sooner rather than later.

Message 35 of 42
Latest reply

Always use eBay MBG. Save PayPal as a last resort. MBG has to show delivery. PayPal doesn't. EBay also insist the seller pay for return postage. PayPal doesn't.

Message 36 of 42
Latest reply

As springyzone says, most transactions on eBay go smoothly.

I tend to view eBay's EDDs (Estimated Delivery Dates) with some scepticism, and I will buffer those dates with my own estimation of how long it could take... but I won't let my estimation run anywhere near being past the time for being able to lodge a dispute in the vent of non-arrival.

As tippy says, eBay's Money Back Guarantee is the preferred option for a dispute if an item hasn't arrived. I'd only use PayPal Buyer Protection for non-arrival if I'd been knocked into a coma after a purchase and then woke a few months later to find that during my Sleeping Beauty imitation, my package hadn't arrived and the timeframe for an eBay dispute had come and gone.

And... as davewil says, audistarelectronics, you are an experienced eBay user. I suppose this illustrates that even experienced eBay members can sometimes be a little too trusting, miss dispute timeframes, and use the wrong dispute method for the particular issue. Unfortunately, you can't open an eBay dispute now.

Message 37 of 42
Latest reply

Yes, I would have used the Ebay system for the dispute, but as it was a Pay After Delivery purchase via Paypal, I thought it may be best to go with them. The date for payment has well past, as Paypal have put a hold on it, and I would say a hold is also on the seller getting payment, so it may still be ok. Paypal has made the 22nd as the final date for seller reply, and  they haven't bothered to put up any defence as of todays' date. I still dont have the item, so I will fight tooth and nail to not be paying for it either.

Message 38 of 42
Latest reply

@audistarelectronics wrote:

Yes, I would have used the Ebay system for the dispute, but as it was a Pay After Delivery purchase via Paypal, I thought it may be best to go with them. The date for payment has well past, as Paypal have put a hold on it, and I would say a hold is also on the seller getting payment, so it may still be ok. Paypal has made the 22nd as the final date for seller reply, and  they haven't bothered to put up any defence as of todays' date. I still dont have the item, so I will fight tooth and nail to not be paying for it either.

Your pay after delivery payment would have been due yesterday so PP would have tried to take the money out of your account then so there would be no way to stop that process so that money will come out of your account regardless unless you don't have sufficient funds in your account for PP to debit?

The seller would have been paid immediately you purchased the item so the seller has got the money.

And because it shows as delivered then that's all PP need as proof.

Seller can argue that the item was sent and they have proof.

Good luck but it won't end well for you.

Message 39 of 42
Latest reply

I don't mean to be rude to you, but please read my posts properly. The item has NOT being delivered, and the tracking at the moment proves that. Paypal has removed the option to ''pay now'' from my Paypal activity, and yes, it was due to be paid, but once again Paypal has not sent me the usual ''your payment to such and such is coming up'', or ''your payment is going to be taken from your bank account today'' I certainly have the funds in the bank to cover it, but Paypal at the moment, is not looking for any payment. Obviously, until they hear back from the seller who doesn't appear interested enough to defend their case. I wouldn't be too sure that this will end in this sellers favor, we will see about that.

Message 40 of 42
Latest reply