USPS TRACKING generic rubbish and BS post codes

i recently bought 2 items from 2 sellers and they posted via USPS.

today i get 2 emails telling me missed drop off via ebay from USPS

so i go and check mail box for card left by driver .  no card.

so i come back to computer and track item

here is what they actual copy and paste from one of them ( both the same )

Delivery Attempt-Delivery exception - Business closed - No delivery attempt

Dec-28-17, 22:00 PM, TAS RURAL DEPOT 9997

1.  why bother with BS emails

2.  there is no valid postcode in Tasmania with 9997 ---  ALL our tasmanian postcodes start with a 7

3.  dont know who the delivery company is so i cant track it anyway.

Totally useless tracking which is overpriced anyways..

USPS are stupid

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: USPS TRACKING generic rubbish and BS post codes

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It might have been a good idea to understand the delivery process before embarking on a dummy spit.

USPS is the United States Postal Service and they do not deliver in Australia.  Once in Australia a USPS parcel is delivered by Australia Post.  I am not sure why this makes USPS stupid....it is just the normal international delivery.

It sounds like your item was posted with USPS to Erlanger KY to be sent to Australia via the GSP.

If you follow the tracking it should tell you when it was handed to FedEx for delivery to Australia.

It appears the item has arrived in Australia but could not be delivered due to the holidays so has been held in the FedEx depot---Tas Rural Depot 9997 is a depot, not a postcode.

Try the FedEx site to track your item but do allow for the holidays....tracking is often not updated immediately.

If the FedEx site is not helpful try tracking on the Australia Post site in case it has been handed to them for delivery.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

think you missed my point altogether .

i know its holidays and i know business do close 

so why  send an Email that tells me failed attempt  to delievr item , then when you goto  Track item on ebay it tells me what i copy and pasted   that it was all BS

why say delivery attempted  ,  no attempt to deliver then business is closed  ..     = stupid generic emails 

and give bs details about where item is   .... it should tell me who has my item , not some garbled secret location

and yes was through GSP

and australia post offices were  open yesterday

maybe dont tell people they are having a dummy spit  before you understand the question first

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Some are and some are not, December 29 is authorised holiday for AP

https://auspost.newsroom.com.au/Content/Home/Home/Article/Authorised-day/-2/-2/6188

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

yes    probably the rural ones are closed and more built up ones are open for trade. would make sense . ( didnt read link )

i have no problem with item not bing delivered , and didnt even expect it to be, its christmas time, post is backlogged and a very busy time of year for them, and they do deserve holidays.

i have a problem when generic emails tell me complete BS

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

If your item was coming via the GSP then it would have arrived in Australia with FedEx.   The Tas Rural Depot 9997 is a FedEx depot so you do know where your item is.

And it was only posties not working yesterday....StarTrack and AP contractors were working as usual as were most courier companies.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

No i dont know where my item is really,    as i dont know where/what a 9997 tas rural depot is     

every tracking update gives  state and country location with a post code.

all the same format

why change it on the last log    

9997 should be representing a post code 

copy and paste to prove

In Transit with Destination Carrier

Dec-29-17, 03:09 AM, TAS RURAL DEPOT 9997

Delivery Attempt-Delivery exception - Business closed - No delivery attempt

Dec-28-17, 22:00 PM, TAS RURAL DEPOT 9997

Dec-28-17, 17:22 PM, MATRAVILLE 2036

Customs Cleared

Dec-28-17, 12:27 PM, MATRAVILLE, NS 2036

Dec-28-17, 12:27 PM, MATRAVILLE, NS 2036

Dec-28-17, 08:53 AM, MASCOT 2020

and my post person is an AP contractor.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

All those tracking shows is that the item is still with FedEx who are the carriers for the GSP.  All locations are FedEx facilities so it is reasonable to assume that the Tas Rural Depot 9997 is their depot in Tasmania.

What more do you need to know....it will probably be delivered next week.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Contact details for the depot would be helpful bright spark. They have had my parcel for a week with no attempt to deliver it. That gets annoying when I can't call them to find out what is happening. Pretty sure that's the other guys problem too. Common sense lost again.....
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

If your parcel is with the GSP and is at the Rural Depot in Tasmania try looking up the FedEX office number in Tasmania.

Usually the courier depots do not take calls from customers....it is all done through the office which may be in a different location to the freight depot.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply