WHO ELSE IS SICK AND TIRED OF CHINESE SELLERS WHO DON'T COMPLY???

Now where do we begin......

1. No item in stock despite NOTHING mentioned in the listing
  2. Item never arriving or turns up 5 months later....seller blames it on Australian customs.
  3. Cheap junk not worth the hassle, looks great in the photo, but a pile of c.ra.p.
  4. add your experience.....
Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Zanadoo, I wrote this in another thread earlier in the week, but decided to copy and paste here....

I bought 2 new sets of King size sheets for $39ea last year, down from $189, for 1000 thread count. I was skeptical, but they are lovely. I've bought "expensive" before, only to be disappointed where they were full of pilling after a few washes (800 thread count from a reputable homewares store, for nearly $200). So much so, they got sent to the shed for rags in under 6 months. 

One set of these sheets has been flogged to death, in that they have had regular washes, left out to the elements (rain, snow, frost) and they are still as good as they day I bought them, if not better. They are so soft to sleep on. You crawl into bed and go "oooohhhhhh yeeeaaahhhh, that feels nice!". I never thought I'd be buying sheets from Spotlight, but these sheets are so nice. I would gladly buy that brand again. Not at full price, but certainly when they come on special like they did last year.

The flat sheet is big enough where you get a good drop over both sides of the bed. Other brands give a not bad drop, but you still find yourselves fighting for the sheet. If you wanted to tuck them in, you'd have more than enough, even if you have a thick pillow top mattress. I reckon they come close to super king size.

I was talking to my step daughter last night. We bought her some of the same sheets for Christmas last year. Hers were Queen size. She absolutely loves them and said the drop at the sides made her wonder if the top sheet was king size. She said they don't fight over the top sheet when those are on the bed. She also commented how soft they were. Her comment was almost identical to might "oooohhhhh, they feel so nice! So soft!". Her little one keeps rubbing her face on them! I know what to get her for Christmas this year if they come back on special again!

I love these sheets way more than Sheridan. In fact, I don't like Sheridan sheets at all. I find them too course and they pill really quickly. I love their towels, but not the sheets. 

Sheridan sheets are definitely not what they used to be.  Back in the late 70s / early 80s the designs were fabulous and so was the quality.  Now they look and feel like rubbish. Their current designs are so insipid.  Mind you, at the time I bought mine the range of colours and designs were not confined to white, dark blue, grey and maybe black and pale pink. 🙂

I only needed to buy fitted sheets as the rest of my old sheets are definitely good for another 20 years.  Aside from the fading and thinning of a few old fitted sheets, I have downsized from a queen bed to a double so I wanted to get double fitted sheets as the old queen ones, being too big would end up with creases which was very uncomfortable.  All the flat sheets and doona covers are queen which will do fine on a double bed.

Message 31 of 37
Latest reply

Geez guys, please read my post where I wrote "I never thought I'd be buying sheets from Spotlight". Keep an eye on the catalogues, they don't just have sheet sales at Christmas. They had one a month or so ago where we came close to buying more, but we really didn't need them, so walked away.

I don't know what brand they were, I'd have to go onto the Spotlight site to check. Ok, so I went and checked. The brand was Eminence. Not a huge range of colours, but who cares. The lights are out when you sleep. I have 2 different colours and they feel exactly the same. Lovely!

Message 32 of 37
Latest reply

@barney_rubbles wrote:
I'm glad you still find the Sheridan towels to be good quality. I had one that I bought about a decade ago and it lasted for almost that long. Then I bought one online last year and it was awful, threads coming loose etc. Sadly a lot of once really good local brands seem to have now turned to rubbish 😞

I haven't bought Sheridan towels for ages. They used to be nice. I'm guessing, like their sheets, something may have changed? That's a shame. We have an outlet here. I don't know how they stay open. It doesn't matter when I go near there, you rarely see people in there (It's next door to Spotlight).

Message 33 of 37
Latest reply

it was a bath sheet from the outlet at Brandsmart....

Message 34 of 37
Latest reply

Thanks Tippy.Smiley Happy

I have to plead guilty to reading the bottom part of your messsage, not the top.

I must admit to being caught out buying sheets I just didn't like. I bought online. The brand wasn't mentioned but they had a high thread count and were described as cotton rich. I was a little bit suspicious but gave it a go. Never again. They had some sort of unpleasant stiff & crinkly feel. I now pay a lot more & get cotton. I'd like the irish linen but the price gives me pause, I have to admit.

Message 35 of 37
Latest reply

We could set up a charity...

PLEASE DONATE TO THE IRISH LINEN CHARITY.

Mala* and Timpania* (not real names) have been sleeping on sheets that are not Fergusons Irish linen. For years they have been deprived, and their suffering has been indescribable. For just the price of a cup of coffee a day, you could help to give Mala and Timpania the linen that they deserve need want.

Give generously and let your heart do the counting, not just the thread.

Message 36 of 37
Latest reply

I don't drink coffee so that's one sacrifice I can't make. Finneys in Shepparton used to have the best sheets and their sales were FANTASTIC. They last so long that I probably won't need any more summer sheets before I fall off my perch. I'm pretty sure they're still around and that they're also in Bendigo.

I bought a heap of Sheridan/Actil king size doona covers in an op shop a few years ago and one day I'll make them into sheets. I'd say a motel was updating their rooms because they were all the same.
Message 37 of 37
Latest reply