Waiting for USPS Priority Package from the US to Australia

Hi,

I had bought an item from the US to arrive in Australia.  The seller used USPS priority because USPS Express had some restrictions due to the value of the item.  Anyhow, I was given the tracking number and the last update on the USPS site says it has been processed through sort facility on the 21/09.  There have been no scans showing that it has arrived in Australia.  It is now 15/10. I am a bit worried and contacted the seller last week and they have lodged an inquiry with USPS.  USPS have said that they will investigate and if the seller does not hear back from them within 24 days to call back.  Just wanted to know if anyone has experience delays receiving USPS priority mail.  The seller was told  it would take 6-10 days and it's way past now.  The seller has been great communicating with me so don't have any bad feeling about them.  They have been great.  I was also wondering how long should I wait in case it hasn't arrived to file a dispute. 

Message 1 of 76
Latest reply
75 REPLIES 75

THIS IS A THREAD From 2012....

Time for it to be binned.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 31 of 76
Latest reply

Why are there so many of these old threads being dragged up, i just got a kudo from a post over 1 year ago.

Newbies stop dragging up old threads, instead hit the new message button and create your own
Message 32 of 76
Latest reply

@synchromesh1953 wrote:
Hi
My package left Los Angeles 10th Jan only to arrive at Sydney sort facility on 19th jan 11am / 9 days for a 15 hour flight. !!!
Package is still sitting at sydney USPS sort facility i.e. has spent 2 days going nowhere

No explanation for delays

My guesses ! Staff on holidays or some hyper terrorist threat security checks of packages or lost the plot completely

Just for your information, USPS is the United States Postal Service....they do not have a sort facility in Australia.  Once the US mail arrives in Australia it has to clear Customs and is then released to Australia Post for delivery.

Depending on the type of service used the time frame you have described is not excessive....even the fastest services (most expensive) can take a week to 10 days now and First Class Airmail can be up to 3 weeks.

Message 33 of 76
Latest reply

When a package is in a sort facility customs may hold it up whilst they check. Also Australia post is separate to USPS and they will know nothing about your package or code for delivery . Contact USPS or use their package tracking app but this usually slow.
One package I have been waiting on since July (Now December) made it to Sydney from the US in 14 days then for some strange reason they accidently sent it back from the sort facility/customs in Sydney to the U.S. again so mistakes can be made.
Message 34 of 76
Latest reply

One would hope that after 11 months the OP got their package!

Message 35 of 76
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

One would hope that after 11 months the OP got their package!

Try 3 YEARS Tippy....it is that long since the original OP opened the thread.

Message 36 of 76
Latest reply

Doeth! I only looked at the date on your last message, didn't go to the first page. UGH! In that case, I really do hope the OP got it sorted in 3 years!

Message 37 of 76
Latest reply

Message 38 of 76
Latest reply

Very helpful

Message 39 of 76
Latest reply

Great, so am I...................................errrr, what was the question again. 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 40 of 76
Latest reply