Where are the GST receipts? On ebay or Paypal

6o7o8o
Community Member

Hi

I just bought an item over $1000 from the US and for customs forms I need to show proof of GST payment.

Does anyone know where this is?

I've looked for advise all morning but still can't find it.

Regards

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Where are the GST receipts? On ebay or Paypal

Yes but not so black and white.
shoppingbag* told me it was in a separate payment within paypal
Message 31 of 34
Latest reply

So you did not read post # 13 then?   It clearly states that it is a separate entry showing the GST going to a paypal account in ebay's name.

Message 32 of 34
Latest reply

The term 'shouting at the wind' comes to mind, Lyndal

Message 33 of 34
Latest reply

I'm confused now...

Re-reading the original post, you state that you just bought the item, and need proof of the GST paid for the customs forms. 

I figured that meant the seller may not have even shipped it yet, let alone that the package had arrived at the border to be handled by customs (or not, as the case may be).

The seller needs to do what I posted above, if GST was collected, and that should hopefully ensure that customs don't charge it at the border - but, another issue here is that if it was not shipped through the GSP, which you have clarified, there is going to be duty payable on the package anyway, which is not charged by eBay in conjunction with GST. 

GST also applies on the duties that are charged on imports over $1000, not just the item price, so either way you should be having to pay something when the package arrives - or, have I misunderstood something about the situation somewhere along the line?  

Message 34 of 34
Latest reply