Where are the GST receipts? On ebay or Paypal

6o7o8o
Community Member

Hi

I just bought an item over $1000 from the US and for customs forms I need to show proof of GST payment.

Does anyone know where this is?

I've looked for advise all morning but still can't find it.

Regards

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

If the item was over $1000, GST shouldn't have been charged (it will be handled at the border, along with duties). 

If GST was charged, it will show on the PayPal receipt. 

Message 2 of 34
Latest reply

'Shouldn't' being the operative word but I was.

Do you know where I could find a record of it? Either Paypal or eBay?

Message 3 of 34
Latest reply

it doesn't show on the Paypal receipt

Message 4 of 34
Latest reply

@6o7o8o wrote:

'Shouldn't' being the operative word but I was.

Do you know where I could find a record of it? Either Paypal or eBay?

Sorry, I forgot about the GSP for a moment - I'm guessing the order was being shipped through the gloabl shipping program? That charges all import duties and GST upfront regardless of the item value. 

I'm actually not sure what happens in those cases, unfortunately, what the receipt shows or if you get an itemised list of duties and GST paid etc. on any invoices. Hopefully someone who has bought through the GSP will be able to help (if indeed it's relevant to your purchase). 

Message 5 of 34
Latest reply

How would I know if it's the global shipping program or not?
It just says UPS Priority mail
Message 6 of 34
Latest reply

A listing with shipping through the GSP will have this on it under the item price (the amounts etc will be different, but the other stuff should be the same). You can see there's one amount for postage, and a separate amount simply labeled "Import charges". The import charge amount usually jumps a bit higher when actually checking out, as well. 

gsp.PNG

Message 7 of 34
Latest reply

Thanks for that, it didn't have that and thankfully from what I've read this morning I'm glad it didn't.
But I was charged for GST upon payment through Paypal on checkout but I can't seem to find a record of it.
Message 8 of 34
Latest reply

@6o7o8o wrote:
How would I know if it's the global shipping program or not?
It just says UPS Priority mail

If the item was over AU$1000 and coming through UPS the GST and other import charges will be charged at the border.  You will be contacted by UPS when the item arrives here and will be told how much you have to pay before the item is released by Customs and delivered to you.

Are you sure that GST has already been charged?  For items over $1000 it should not have been.

Message 9 of 34
Latest reply

Yes positive it was paid at check out but I'll live to fight another day with customer service once more.
Just a footnote to those reading this post: I recently took ebay.com.au to small claims tribunal as they weren't 'playing ball' and I won......won because they didn't turn up

Message 10 of 34
Latest reply