Who is sick of Seller Location Misrepresentation?Who thinks UBI smart parcel should be banned in AU?

Who is sick of Seller Location Misrepresentation?

Who thinks UBI smart parcel should be banned in AU? Im fed up with the overseas sellers saying they are in AU when they are not. Its obvious by the feedback they get from annoyed customers that their parcel has taken 3 weeks to arrive from Botany when they live in Sydney. Rather fishy and obvious. 

Im a seller of a quality product and Chinese sellers come in with a cheaper and inferior product with free postage and it takes sales from me because its cheap. Customers find out the hard way and usually end up back buying from me eventually but still its making my life on Ebay a bad experience. Im thinking of quiting. 

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Who is sick of Seller Location Misrepresentation?Who thinks UBI smart parcel should be banned in AU?

Hi ,

Thats interesting that you have noted my disclaimer. That was written for me by a so called Ebay Page designer. Ive always wondered because if anything goes missing, as a part of my service i always replace the item anyway. 

And yes my products are made in china but i choose quality materials and pay the extra for it so i can deliver a quality product.

Message 11 of 34
Latest reply

Thats the point im making. You choose "Australia Only" and it still has the chinese sellers there because they use UBI Smart Parcel but are still sending from China. Ebay needs to crack down on this. I know its been said before but unless we keep nagging, nothing will be done. Like the old saying says "squeeky wheel gets the grease"

Message 12 of 34
Latest reply

If we keep nagging Ebay about it at some point they might do something about it. Sometimes you have to put some heat on a topic regulary to get something done. If we as sellers in Australia complain enough and cost Ebay money by having to respond to the complaints, they might eventually do something. 

Message 13 of 34
Latest reply

Hi Lyndal,

Who is accusing anyone of anything? I thought this board was discussions between fellow Ebayers to support eachother. Why be a negative nancy? By the way, ive been doing Ebay for 10 plus years and not a newbie. All im trying to do is encourage everyone not to give up and keep trying to improve our situation as sellers. Its sad to get back on this discussion board just to be cut down in flames. 

Message 14 of 34
Latest reply

My comment was not aimed at anyone in particular.

It was a general comment about new posters to the boards who come here with a complaint and urge the long time responders to keep "nagging" ebay to fix a problem. 

Invariably it it a problem that has been around for a very long time and the responders know that no amount of agitating will get ebay to change their minds and fix the problem.

When the realities are pointed out you would be surprised how many posters get abusive and defensive.

The OP is definitely  in the category of new to the boards....she only joined the day this thread was opened.  If she had even skimmed the boards she would know that this problem has been around for ages and ebay has ignored all pleas to do something about it.

There is a difference between being a Negative Nancy and pointing out the realities of what ebay will and will not do, no matter how many times we post threads about the problem.

Message 15 of 34
Latest reply

Ive just recently fallen victim to the UBI scam myself after many years buying and selling on ebay it caught me off-gaurd and im suprised to find out how long its been going on considering how tight the rules were when i stopped selling back in 2012.

Those who think that its a members fault when they buy items from chinese sellers who claim to be in oz without first checking registered location are missing the point. Ebay has rules in place regarding misrep of location and these sellers are clearly exploiting a loophole, which incredibly ebay appears to be ignoring.

To me this matter is worthy of a media investigation (like ACA on channel nine with whom ebay has appeared before in relation to consmer law) in order for them to finally clean up this deception of australian customers who want to support local biz and get a speedy delivery.

Listings using UBI delivery appear to have no GST added to the sale and furthermore, UBI is mis-using the australia post eParcel system by printing off labels in advanace without despatching anything so that an EXPRESS package takes 2-3 weeks to arrive rather than its itended time of a few days.

UBI smart parel who must be as clearly aware of the problem by now as ebay, should be made to enforce a rule that if no stock is held by a seller at the botany warehouse it must constitute a cancellation of the order - problem solved.

Another interesting note in this conspiracy is that the expected delivery times for australian orders seem to have been increased by ebay. Since when did a package from NSW to QLD have a window of 3 weeks delivery? and since when was it acceptable for a seller to exceed 3 days despatch time and expect a 5 star DSR from the buyer?

Lastly, its also not fair to the honest sellers paying for shelf space in these types of package forwarding facilities and honoring the promised delivery times regardless of their actual registered location. 

NO STOCK = NO SALE

Message 16 of 34
Latest reply

Well said, and I completely agree.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 17 of 34
Latest reply

I wish that the item locaiton misrepresentation policy was worth the pixels of the monitor on which the text is displayed... or even worth the price of a bent hairpin.

It isn't, though, because of where the offenders are registered.

Sellers registered on eBay.cn don't have final value fees. Sellers registered on eBay.cn are not chided for misusing the variation listing tool. Sellers registered on eBay.cn will have defects and negative feedback removed if eBay has some sort of technical glitch affecting it, or if there are logistical reasons which might affect shipment (and there are quite a few reasons which can be offered up for this), or if the seller shipped on time but the item didn't arrive within the estimated period. (So - buyers who are frustrated at delays in receiving their item from Chinese sellers, you're whistling into the wind by giving negative feedback; the defect will be automatically removed and the feedback removal can be requested.) Sellers registered on eBay.cn have online live courses on how to get a business on eBay up and running successfully. They have workshops, on-demand courses, government-sponsored everything, including information on warehouses, shipping, logistics, how to get around all sorts of things...

If we - Australian buyers - complain to eBay.com.au about the things which Chinese sellers have been able to circumvent in terms of Australian eBay policy, we will get the soothing "mm-hmm; yes, eBay will take action" placebo response. The complaint will go nowhere, because eBay.cn is allowing the behaviour and providing training in how to be better at it.

Caveat: This is gleaned to the best of my ability. My reading of Chinese is far far far less adept than my spoken Chinese.

Message 18 of 34
Latest reply

I so agree!

I wanted a couple of items for a school project for my grandchildren and found the items which would be fine. As I had a two-week lead-time, I was happy to pay extra if necessary to get them quicker. 

So I filtered my searches to show closest first. The item pictures had Australian flags attached and said they were in Botany, NSW, which is just down the road.

It's now more than two weeks and no items. The projects missed out on having the items to my grandkids' utter disappointment. The tracking numbers provided indicate they're not even posted yet and it seems the sellers are actually in China.

How is this legal and why doesn't ebay do something about it? It is a blatant scam  and I believe the sellers have stolen my money by deception.

Message 19 of 34
Latest reply

Your money has not been stolen unless the items do not arrive at all.

And then you can open a dispute for items not received and get a refund.

Message 20 of 34
Latest reply