Fake Counterfeit Item

2223-au
Community Member

OK

I bought an item from China

Item came and it was a copy counterfeit cheaply made (adidas Tracksuit)..not to mention it was totally wrong size that i had ordered...This was confirmed by a shop that i went to have it inspected even though it was obvious.

I message the seller, They said that they are sorry and i can post it back..or they will give me some compensation for the mistake they made...This to me is an admission of guilt.

I cannot post this item as was Fake Fraudulent copy and doing so was against the LAW.

Had Ebay intervene in this transaction and after a few days ebay informed me the outcome was against me ..i can keep it or post it back

Told ebay it was against the Law to post back and they said basically too bad

Ebay are supporting fradulent sellers and also forcing customers to break the Law

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Fake Counterfeit Item

Open a case in PayPal.

You can open two cases, one in eBay and one in PayPal providing you try eBay first.

Once a case is closed in PayPal you cannot open in eBay.

So if you can get written confirmation from the sports store, open one in PayPal and they don't allow counterfeit items to be sent but you will need to fax the proof it is fake.

image host
Message 2 of 31
Latest reply

Fake Counterfeit Item

Don't.

Buy.

Junk.

From.

China.

Did you seriously think you were going to get a genuine item?

Rather, support our shops here in Australia who sell the genuine product and who could do with our patronage, even if it costs a bit more.

Message 3 of 31
Latest reply

Fake Counterfeit Item

Did you provide eBay with the evidence that they requested in the Resolution Centre?

You need to follow the exact procedure outlined by eBay, because their complaints process is bot-driven. You should have clearly stated that it was a counterfeit item, and provided the evidence to that effect.

I also suspect you muddied the waters by bringing in the wrong size issue. The fact that you say this was a counterfeit tracksuit is the main issue. Don't sidetrack; when opening a dispute or claim for a counterfeit item, it doesn't matter what size it was or colour it was or whether it glittered or danced or sang. What matters is... it's fake. It must be on that basis that you request a full refund without being required to return the item.

eBay state in their Money Back Guarantee policy: ❝If asked to step in, we review the item listing, photos of the item, if provided by the buyer or seller, and any other information about the item that the buyer and seller provide. If we can't determine that the item matches the listing, the seller has already offered a return, or the seller's stated return window and policy applies, we require the buyer to return the item to the seller, if they didn't do so already.❞

You'd only have received that result if you didn't provide evidence that the Adidas tracksuit was fake. eBay state:

Counterfeit items

If a buyer suspects that an item is counterfeit and there are strong indicators that this is true (for example: third-party authentication, or a statutory declaration by the buyer), we don't require the buyer to return the item to the seller. The buyer agrees to ensure the proper disposal of the item and may not sell it on eBay or elsewhere. We refund the buyer for the full cost of the item and original postage, and the seller reimburses us for the refund.❞

Did you provide the third-party authentication? That would be on the company letterhead. You can't simply mention "a shop that I went to" in your claim. You need to have the authentication by Adidas. Did you get that? And did you upload it in the Resolution Centre?

Alternatively, did you provide a Statutory Declaration that you went to a retail shop (I am presuming it was an Adidas shop?), and that you were informed that the tracksuit was a fake? In some cases a Stat Dec is all that is needed, but I must say that it would present a dodgy appearance if you failed to provide a statement from Adidas confirming that the tracksuit was fake, given that there are Adidas stores throughout Australia - Melbourne, Perth, Jindalee, Sydney, Cheltenham, Gold Coast, Mulgrave, Queensland, Adelaide, Brisbane.

What you can try doing is go back to the Adidas shop, ask them to provide the letter on letterhead, give them the details of the eBay account from whom you purchased (for all the good that that will do), take the letter, get in touch with eBay using the Have Us Call You option, (eBay say: We'll call you at the phone number registered to your account, or you can enter a different number. We’re available from 8am to 10pm AET, 7 days a week), and politely let the CS rep know that you have the third-party authentication letter and can either fax it or email a scanned copy, and that you respectfully ask that your case be re-examined in the light of that.

If you have no luck with eBay, call PayPal, and have that letter handy to provide as evidence.

I cannot imagine that with that evidence to hand, you'd not be given a full refund. (But if you're still not refunded, you have further options. Come back and post further in this thread if you still have no resolution.)

IN FUTURE... please don't try to buy genuine brand name clothing or other items from a Chinese eBay seller at a price that is quite a bit cheaper than you'd be paying if you bought directly from Adidas. Adidas charge a certain amount; you might be able to shop around and get something of a discount, but you're dreaming if you think you're going to get a genuine item at a ha-ha price. And Chinese sellers on eBay are notorious for selling counterfeit items. It boggles the mind to think that you could truly expect to get a genuine Adidas tracksuit in these circumstances... so be a little bit wiser in your online buying if you want to avoid similar situations.

Good luck!

Message 4 of 31
Latest reply

Fake Counterfeit Item

LOL...its not about the item i received.

Its more about eBay supporting these fraudulent peasant sellers!

Also eBay telling me to post back even though they know its a fake!

Message 5 of 31
Latest reply

Fake Counterfeit Item

@countessalmirena wrote:

Did you provide eBay with the evidence that they requested in the Resolution Centre?

[...]

Counterfeit items

If a buyer suspects that an item is counterfeit and there are strong indicators that this is true (for example: third-party authentication, or a statutory declaration by the buyer), we don't require the buyer to return the item to the seller. The buyer agrees to ensure the proper disposal of the item and may not sell it on eBay or elsewhere. We refund the buyer for the full cost of the item and original postage, and the seller reimburses us for the refund.❞

Just repeating the above... I've put the really important bit in red.
Message 6 of 31
Latest reply

Fake Counterfeit Item

Its more about eBay supporting these fraudulent peasant sellers!

eBay cannot act on heresay, your word.

They require written proof from an authority just like the police would if they were to pursue something.

And keep in mind, eBay is an advertising media not an entity providing a guarantee.

You buy from other people and businesses advertising on the eBay site.

If you bought an item out of a classified newspaper and it turns out to be fake, you don't expect the newspaper to know if it's fake or not.

image host
Message 7 of 31
Latest reply

Fake Counterfeit Item

LOL...the seller admitted to the fake in the correspondence...ebay saw this...seller even apologised

Message 8 of 31
Latest reply

Fake Counterfeit Item

@2223-au wrote:

LOL...the seller admitted to the fake in the correspondence...ebay saw this...seller even apologised

I message the seller, They said that they are sorry and i can post it back..or they will give me some compensation for the mistake they made...This to me is an admission of guilt

Nope.

Maybe they just apologised for sending the wrong size, not admitting it was counterfeit

Message 9 of 31
Latest reply

Fake Counterfeit Item

You don't seem interested in taking advise on how to get your money back so why did you come here?

Message 10 of 31
Latest reply